KookNotCook Thanksgiving Invitation

  • Jordan Rothstein
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2003
      KookNotCook, with our friends Bay Area Vegetarians and the Upaya Center invites you to:
      Raw and/or Vegan Potluck celebrating Turkey Liberation Day, aka Thanksgiving.
      Thursday, Nov. 27, 2 pm at the Upaya Center, 478 Santa Clara & Grand, Oakland.
      *Please bring generous quantities of high-quality, healthful foods. Bold culinary experiments and minimalist simple foods are both welcome. Raw dishes especially encouraged! The idea is to have a gathering with mostly uncooked foods so the raw folks can get a good meal, while welcoming veg folks, who we hope to recruit into our cult.
      *Be sure to bring: enough food to share, list of ingredients to put next to dish, serving utensil, reusable eating dish/utensil.
      *Please don't bring: junk food, chips, candy, sodas, bottled juices, white-flour baguettes; bring the kind of tasty, nourishing stuff you're hoping the other people will bring!
      *Don't use any ingredients taken from animals or bees without their written consent.
      *No non-reusable plates/utensils unless you plan to eat them after use.
      *No RSVP required. $1 from most everyone allows us to give something to Upaya, print flyers; noone turned away. If a few people can stay to help clean up, great!
      www.upayacenter.org for directions and their calendar.
      www.bayareaveg.org for veg and animal-rights events.
      www.farmsanctuary.org to save turkeys

      Non-violence: Don't Eat Them