Dr. Greger's new vol. 9 Latest in Nutrition DVD (all proceeds to charity)

  • drgreger
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2012
      I'm excited to announce that yet another new volume of my Latest in
      Human Nutrition DVD series is now available at humanesociety.org/nutrition
      (all proceeds go to The Humane Society of the United States).

      Normally, I come out with just one volume a year, but to fulfill my
      promise of uploading a new video every weekday year-round to
      NutritionFacts.org I've had to step it up! As usual, I've try to scour
      the world's scholarly literature on clinical nutrition for the most interesting,
      practical, and groundbreaking science published over the last 12 months
      on how best to feed ourselves and our families to prevent, treat, and even
      reverse chronic disease.

      Here's the chapter listing for volume 9:

      1. SAD states
      2. Amnesic seafood poisoning
      3. A fine kettle of fluoxetine
      4. Red fish, white fish; dark fish, atrial fibrillation
      5. Hair testing for mercury before considering pregnancy
      6. Nerves of mercury
      7. Which brand of tuna has the most mercury?
      8. Health food store supplement advice
      9. Bad advice from health food store employees
      10. Dangerous advice from health food store employees
      11. Pharmacists versus health food store employees: who gives better advice?
      12. Dietary supplement snake oil
      13. Heavy metals in protein powder supplements
      14. Some dietary supplements may be more than a waste of money
      15. Handwashing compliance of retail deli workers
      16. Don't put your money where your mouth is
      17. Tongue worm in human eye
      18. Viral meat spray
      19. Maggot meat spray
      20. Not so delusional parasitosis
      21. Unsafe at any feed
      22. Zero tolerance to acceptable risk
      23. Arterial acne
      24. Blocking the first step of heart disease
      25. Making our arteries less sticky
      26. Chamomile tea may not be safe during pregnancy
      27. Is hydroponic basil as healthy?
      28. Boosting immunity through diet
      29. Antiinflammatory effects of purple potatoes
      30. Fighting inflammation in a nut shell
      31. Achieving remission of Crohn's disease
      32. The leaky gut theory of why animal products cause inflammation
      33. The exogenous endotoxin theory
      34. Dead meat bacteria endotoxemia
      35. Antimutagenic activity of green versus white tea
      36. Is caffeinated tea dehydrating?
      37. Treating Gorlin syndrome with green tea
      38. Treating genital warts with green tea
      39. Preventing kidney failure through diet
      40. Treating kidney failure through diet
      41. Kiwifruit for irritable bowel syndrome
      42. Kiwifruit and DNA repair
      43. Plant-based diets and cellular stress defenses
      44. What women should eat to live longer
      45. Americans are living longer but sicker lives
      46. The benefits of caloric restriction without the actual restricting
      47. New mineral absorption enhancers found
      48. Risk associated with iron supplements
      49. How do nuts prevent sudden cardiac death?
      50. Mineral of the year: magnesium

      To order, go to:
      http://www.humanesociety.org/nutrition

      And to watch all my older videos (from volumes 1-8) for free, go to:
      http://www.NutritionFacts.org

      In case you missed any since I last posted, here are some of the most popular new videos on the site:

      Acne-Promoting Effects of Milk
      http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-acne-promoting-effects-of-milk/

      Best Detox
      http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-best-detox/

      Breast Cancer Survival, Butterfat, and Chicken
      http://nutritionfacts.org/video/breast-cancer-survival-butterfat-and-chicken/

      Broccoli Versus Breast Cancer Stem Cells
      http://nutritionfacts.org/video/broccoli-versus-breast-cancer-stem-cells/

      Cholesterol and Lower Back Pain
      http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cholesterol-and-lower-back-pain/

      Harvard's Meat and Mortality Studies
      http://nutritionfacts.org/video/harvards-meat-and-mortality-studies/

      Kale and the Immune System
      http://nutritionfacts.org/video/kale-and-the-immune-system/

      Treating COPD with Diet
      http://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-copd-with-diet/

      If you haven't yet, please get connected and stay in touch, so you don't miss a day:

      Keep up with the new videos posted every day -- http://www.NutritionFacts.org
      Subscribe to the daily video and blog feed -- http://nutritionfacts.org/feed/blended/
      Sign up to get emails with each blog update -- http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
      Like and follow on facebook -- http://facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
      Follow on twitter -- http://twitter.com/nutrition_facts

      And please help me spread the word by sharing videos with your friends and family.

      In health,
      -Michael Greger, M.D.

      Director, Public Health and Animal Agriculture
      Humane Society of the United States
      2100 L St., N.W. | Washington, DC 20037 | t (301) 721-6461 | f (202)
      676-2372
      DrGreger.org
      NutritionFacts.org