Cholent recipe

  • judithrachelleg@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2012
      This is a recipe I created as a variation on a traditional European Jewish dish. Quick, easy, healthy, inexpensive, good, kosher, vegan, and super filling.

      Cut up a few (unpeeled) potatoes and onions into large chunks, add low sodium (one each) cans of chickpeas, kidney beans, and pinto, 2 cups of barley, and a 32 oz. Carton of Imagine brand Light in Sodium Garden Tomato Soup. Handful of mushrooms, if desired. Add all to a crock pot, mix, and cook overnight (2 hours on high then 6-10 on low) and serve. Serves 6-8.