SFVS and VJTB: anti-KFC demo, Sun. 3/5 at 5:00 p.m., VJTB Advocates Dinner 6pm

  • Bonbonsf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2006
      Two ways to help animals in San Francisco on Sun., March 5, 2006 Come to one
      or both:

      Please note:
      The anti-KFC demonstration is on schedule in sun, fog or light drizzle. It
      will be rescheduled in the event of rain.
      The Advocates Dinner is taking place in all weather, rain or shine.

      (1) NEW TIME THIS MONTH ONLY: Co-sponsored by the SF Vegetarian Society and
      the Veggie Jews' Tsedakah (charity) Brigade: Participate in the PETA campaign
      against Kentucky Fried Cruelty (see www.Kentuckyfriedcruelty.com). You can
      educate the public regarding KFC's treatment of chickens by passing out leaflets
      at KFC, 1900 Irving Street at the corner of 20th Avenue in San Francisco from
      5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. PETA is providing the literature.

      (2) Join the Veggie Jews Tsedakah Brigade for an Advocates Dinner: At 6:00
      p.m. we'll walk two blocks to Shangri La vegetarian
      restaurant (2026 Irving St. at 22nd Ave., 731-2548), a Kosher-vegan
      restaurant, where we'll order around 6:15 p.m. This is a chance to
      eat tasty, low-cost, Chinese vegan food; to socialize; and most
      importantly, to spend a few minutes writing letters to help relieve
      the suffering of animals. Suggestions for subjects and recipients
      of letters will be available but feel free to bring your own agenda,
      as well as your own paper, envelopes, pen and stamps.

      For information and to
      RSVP, write to veggiejews@....

      [Veggie Jews is an on-line and real world organization with events in local
      communities dedicated to supporting Jewish vegans and vegetarians and
      spreading vegan, vegetarian and animal rights values into the Jewish community. All
      Veggie Jews' events are open to Jews of all ages and our non-Jewish friends. We
      are not a singles or religious group, although single and observant people
      are always welcome. For group information or to join, please go to
      www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews/. And remember: It's only kosher if it's cruelty
      free.]

    • Bonbonsf@aol.com