Do you have any medical horror stories? (read the last sentence of this post)

  • sunny_outdoors
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2006
      This is your chance to help others and tell the world about the "cure"
      (Living Foods or whatever the case is) that helped you..

      (for someone this "famous" to say what he said in the last line is an
      eye opener for me)

      ==

      We all have horror stories, some worse than others.

      Some people , even doctors think we are crazy. but little do they
      know.

      The medical field in America is in very bad shape and we are all
      paying for
      it one way or another , sign, Sunny
      _____

      Subject: Send Me Your Health Care Horror Stories... An Appeal from
      Michael Moore

      2/3/06

      Friends,

      How would you like to be in my next movie? I know you've probably
      heard I'm
      making a documentary about the health care industry (but the HMOs
      don't know
      this, so don't tell them -- they think I'm making a romantic comedy).

      If you've followed my work over the years, you know that I keep a
      pretty low
      profile while I'm making my movies. I don't give interviews, I don't
      go on
      TV and I don't defrost my refrigerator. I do keep my website updated
      on a
      daily basis (there's been something like 4,000,000 visitors just this
      week
      alone) and the rest of the time I'm... well, I can't tell you what I'm
      doing, but you can pretty much guess. It gets harder and harder
      sneaking
      into corporate headquarters, but I've found that just dying my hair
      black
      and wearing a skort really helps.

      Back to my invitation to be in my movie. Have you ever found yourself
      getting ready to file for bankruptcy because you can't pay your kid's
      hospital bill, and then you say to yourself, "Boy, I sure would like
      to be
      in Michael Moore's health care movie!"?

      Or, after being turned down for the third time by your HMO for an
      operation
      they should be paying for, do you ever think to yourself, "Now THIS
      travesty
      should be in that 'Sicko' movie!"?

      Or maybe you've just been told that your father is going to have to
      just,
      well, die because he can't afford the drugs he needs to get better --
      and
      it's then that you say, "Damn, what did I do with Michael Moore's home
      number?!"

      OK, here's your chance. As you can imagine, we've got the goods on
      these
      crooks. All we need now is to put a few of you in the movie and let
      the
      world see what the greatest country ever in the history of the
      universe does
      to its own people, simply because they have the misfortune of getting
      sick.
      Because getting sick, unless you are rich, is a crime -- a crime for
      which
      you must pay, sometimes with your own life.

      About four hundred years from now, historians will look back at us
      like we
      were some sort of barbarians, but for now we're just the laughing
      stock of
      the Western world.

      So, if you'd like me to know what you've been through with your
      insurance
      company, or what it's been like to have no insurance at all, or how
      the
      hospitals and doctors wouldn't treat you (or if they did, how they
      sent you
      into poverty trying to pay their crazy bills) ...if you have been
      abused in
      any way by this sick, greedy, grubby system and it has caused you or
      your
      loved ones great sorrow and pain, let me know.

      Send me a short, factual account of what has happened to you -- and
      what IS
      happening to you right now if you have been unable to get the health
      care
      you need. Send it to michael@.... I will read every
      single one
      of them (even if I can't respond to or help everyone, I will be able
      bring to light a few of your stories).

      Thank you in advance for sharing them with me and trusting me to try
      and do
      something about a very corrupt system that simply has to go.

      Oh, and if you happen to work for an HMO or a pharmaceutical company
      or a
      profit-making hospital and you have simply seen too much abuse of your
      fellow human beings and can't take it any longer -- and you would
      like the
      truth to be told -- please write me at michael@.... I
      will
      protect your privacy and I will tell the world what you are unable to
      tell.
      I am looking for a few heroes with a conscience. I know you are out
      there.

      Thank you, all of you, for your help and your continued support
      through the
      years. I promise you that with "Sicko" we will do our best to give
      you not
      only a great movie, but a chance to bring down this evil empire, once
      and
      for all.

      In the meantime, stay well. I hear fruits and vegetables help.

      Yours,
      Michael Moore
      michael@...
      www.michaelmoore.com <http://www.michaelmoore.com/>