pigeons on ledges -- help!

  • Thea Langsam
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      The office manager at my work just told me that the building management intends to do something to discourage pigeons from sitting (and mating) on the ledges outside our offices. She came to me to find out if I know of a humane method that works to keep pigeons away. I imagine the spikes I've seen around are out. The management mentioned something called "hot feet," which apparently feels hot and the pigeons don't like it. That doesn't sound great, but not terrible -- except that it's apparently sticky and there's the possibility (we don't know if this happens) that a pigeon might get stuck.

      Does anyone have any experience with hot feet, or could you recommend a humane method that works? Write to me directly, and I'll post any useful info in one e-mail to the list.

      Thanks!
      Thea_Langsam@...