VeggieJewsTsedakah (charity) Brigade:Sun. 2/12-anti-KFCdemo&letter-writing lunch

  • Bonbonsf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2006
      Two ways to help animals in San Francisco on Sun., February 12, 2006!
      Come to one or both:

      (1) Join the Veggie Jews' Tsedakah Brigade and participate in the
      PETA campaign against Kentucky Fried Cruelty (see
      www.Kentuckyfriedcruelty.com). You can educate the public regarding
      KFC's treatment of chickens by passing out leaflets at KFC, 1900
      Irving Street at the corner of 20th Avenue in San Francisco from NOON
      to 1:00 p.m. PETA is providing the literature.

      (2) At 1:00 p.m. we'll walk two blocks to Shangri La vegetarian
      restaurant (2026 Irving St. at 22nd Ave., 731-2548), a Kosher-vegan
      restaurant, where we'll order around 1:15 p.m. This is a chance to
      eat tasty, low-cost, Chinese vegan food; to socialize; and most
      importantly, to spend a few minutes writing letters to help relieve
      the suffering of animals. Suggestions for subjects and recipients
      of letters will be available but feel free to bring your own agenda,
      as well as your own paper, envelopes, pen and stamps.
      In the event of rain that is heavier than a San Francisco
      fog/drizzle, the event will be rescheduled. For information and to
      RSVP, write to veggiejews@....

       [Veggie Jews is an on-line and real world organization with events in local
      communities dedicated to supporting Jewish vegans and vegetarians and
      spreading vegan, vegetarian and animal rights values into the Jewish community.  All
      Veggie Jews' events are open to Jews of all ages and our non-Jewish friends. We
      are not a singles or religious group, although single and observant people
      are always welcome.  For group information or to join, please go to
      www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews/.  And remember: It's only kosher if it's cruelty
      free.]