Is That a Banana in your Pocket . . ?

  • George
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2006
      Hello, this is George Hubbard - I've been a long-time member of SF Veg community and
      an ethical vegan for a number of years. I'm recently single and getting back into dating
      and as a gay man with a vegan life choice I've been struck by how seemingly small the
      numbers of local, available veg gay men seem to be.  In the past I have helped out tabling
      at the SF Gay Pride Celebration and it seemed like there was a lot of interest  - and, all
      told, mostly very positive responses.  Yet it does seem that to actually find those
      connections requires a lot of time and energy, which I am of course willing to do as I'd
      really like to be dating veg oriented men, if at all possible.

      So, toward that end this is to announce that I've started a new Yahoo! group: GVM - Gay
      Veg Male.  Not necessarily meant to compete or replace the other Green/Veg singles pages
      on the 'net - but meant to be specifically for Gay Veg men and Free. It does seem to me
      that it's a numbers game and the more one puts it out there the better the chances are of
      finding a compatible someone.

      The purpose of this Yahoo! group is to provide a means for gay male vegs (vegetarians
      and vegans) to post their contact information as well as announcements regarding local
      events such as potlucks, movie nights, restaurant treks, hikes and such.

      Members are encouraged to post regularly on the general topic of Vegetarian/Veganism,
      as well. And, men that are Veg curious are also welcome.

      The basic requirement for membership in this group will be to post a personal profile, a
      non-sexual picture and a recipe.

      If any of you have thoughts or suggestions as to how this endeavor can be improved upon
      as well as where else I might post this announcement I'd love to hear it!

      Thanks for reading & Happy Trails!

      George Hubbard
    • Arvind Kumar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 18, 2006
        And I thought my partner and I were the only gay vegetarian males. Glad to
        see an egroup forming ...

        - Arvind
        San Jose