At 10 PM tonight on KQED
- This program will be re-broadcast at 10 PM tonight on radio station KQED (FM 88.5) (54 minutes from the time I am sending this).-- Mike---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: lauren Ornelas <ltornelas@...>
Date: Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Subject: [SCCActivistsforanimals] tomorrow on KQED
To: SCCAA General Group <SCCActivistsforanimals@yahoogroups.com>
Feel free to listen or call in tomorrow – this ought to be a lively hour of public radio! 10-11 am tomorrow.
Wildlife Chief Under Fire
Wed, Feb 29, 2012 -- 10:00 AM
A majority of California Assembly members and Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom are calling for the head of the state Fish and Game Commission, Dan Richards, to resign after he was photographed posing with a mountain lion he killed in Idaho. It's legal to kill mountain lions in that state, but not in California -- and critics say the head of the wildlife commission is sending the wrong message. Should Richards resign?
Host: Michael Krasny
- Bill Carr, Northern California editor for Western Outdoor News
- Jennifer Fearing, chief economist and California senior state director of the Humane Society of the United States
- Paul Rogers, environment reporter for the San Jose Mercury News and managing editor of Quest, KQED's science and environment series
- William Newsom, retired appellate justice and former president of the Mountain Lion Preservation Foundation
- Fish and Game Commission Head Says He Won't Resign : from KQED's News Fix blog