COOKING CLASSES

  • Dixie Mahy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2012
      COOKING CLASSES

      FREE VEGAN COOKING CLASSES in San Francisco

      270 6th Street, near Folsom, San Francisco
      RSVP required: 415-554-9532, Office; 415-602-0152 Cell.
      Sponsored by SOMA Gene Friend Rec & Park and SFVS
      Fruit & Vegetable Donations welcome.
      Suggested Food Donations
      Fruits in Season
      Nuts: Cashews, Pecans, etc.
      Celery: Bundle
      Onions: 3 Red or 1 Lb.
      Carrots: 3 Medium or 1 Lb
      Mushroom: 1/2 Lb
      Soy Bean Edamame: no shell
      Vegetables: Green and Legumes
      Tofu: Firm: Smoked, or Plain

      Instructor: Florence Mendoza

      Every other week:

      January 28, 2012, 11:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.

      Menu: Legumes and Root Vegetables

      Vegetarian Roast
      Dessert: Pudding
      Hot Beverage – Tea

      February 11, 2012, 11:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.

      Valentine High Tea

      Menu: Mini Sandwich

      Fresh Strawberry Apple Cider & Pomegranat Spritzer
      Assorted Bread & Vegetarian Fillings
      Caviart Vegetarian Caviar

      February 25, 2012, 11:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.

      Goddess of Love Recipes with Flowers

      Menu Flowers
      Beet, Apple Salad, Rose Petals
      Sugared Leaves & Flowers
      Tea, Hibiscus, Jasmine, Green, & Rose Hip Tea

      Dixie Mahy

      President

      San Francisco Vegetarian Society

    • shanta@otheravenues.coop
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2012
        > Hi Dixie:
        Please post the attached vegan workshop I am holding at Other Avenues.Thanks
        Shanta
      • shanta.sacharoff
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2013
          Hi Dixie:
          Can you please have someone post these two community events on veg
          society's web site

          (1) Michael Warner will give a workshop
          on herbal remedies for cold and flus
          & wellness strategies for chronic respiratory issues

          Time: Sunday, Nov. 24th from 1:00 to 3:00 pm
          Fee: $10
          Sign up at the register recommended;
          walk-in welcome, if space permits
          Limited to ten participants
          (2) Local Author party
          MEET, GREET AND PARTY WITH LOCAL AUTHORS
          You can buy their autographed books too!
          Nicole Gluckstern, a worker at Other Avenues &
          author of Bikes to Books: A literary cycling tour of SF
          Michael Steinberg, former worker of Other Avenues &
          author of I work in Tenderloin
          Lorri Ungaretti: author of Stories in Sand
          Alex Hatch: author of Cracks in the Asphalt; community gardens of SF

          > > Time Sunday 2:00 to 3:00 pm
          > Free
          > Refreshments on the house
          Thanks,