New Year’s Resolution: Grow your own greens!

  • carmen_cebs
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2012
      With food safety scares and rising food prices, considering growing your own organic produce. Join us at The Free Farm, located at Eddy and Gough in Western Addition, to "grow organic produce, foster garden education and build community"! In addition, The Free Farm volunteers gather surplus food from neighborhood gardens, farmers' markets, community gardens and fruit trees, to distribute free every week in the Western Addition and Mission.

      Learn more at http://www.thefreefarm.org/ where you'll also see some familiar faces of our SFVS members!

      Last month, John Kohler of Living Foods and Growing Your Greens visited The Free Farm, which is featured in a video at http://www.youtube.com/user/growingyourgreens#p/search/0/XDSGQYN8l4.

      Grow plants, eat plants!
    • sunny_outdoors
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2012
        the link below didn't work cause there's a dot at the end

        vote for JOHN
        click on the top right corner

        growingyourowngreens

        he's on the 2nd video

        http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/

        ==
        here's the correct link carmen was trying to post

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxSmwzOjmW4

        --- In SFVeg@yahoogroups.com, "carmen_cebs" <carmen_cebs@...> wrote:

        > With food safety scares and rising food prices, considering growing your own organic produce. Join us at The Free Farm, located at Eddy and Gough in Western Addition, to "grow organic produce, foster garden education and build community"! In addition, The Free Farm volunteers gather surplus food from neighborhood gardens, farmers' markets, community gardens and fruit trees, to distribute free every week in the Western Addition and Mission.
        >
        > Learn more at http://www.thefreefarm.org/ where you'll also see some familiar faces of our SFVS members!
        >
        > Last month, John Kohler of Living Foods and Growing Your Greens visited The Free Farm, which is featured in a video at http://www.youtube.com/user/growingyourgreens#p/search/0/XDSGQYN8l4.
        >
        > Grow plants, eat plants!

      • carmen_cebs
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2012
          Ooops, here's correct link to video tour at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDSGQYN8l48

          --- In SFVeg@yahoogroups.com, "carmen_cebs" <carmen_cebs@...> wrote:

          > With food safety scares and rising food prices, considering growing your own organic produce. Join us at The Free Farm, located at Eddy and Gough in Western Addition, to "grow organic produce, foster garden education and build community"! In addition, The Free Farm volunteers gather surplus food from neighborhood gardens, farmers' markets, community gardens and fruit trees, to distribute free every week in the Western Addition and Mission.
          >
          > Learn more at http://www.thefreefarm.org/ where you'll also see some familiar faces of our SFVS members!
          >
          > Last month, John Kohler of Living Foods and Growing Your Greens visited The Free Farm, which is featured in a video at http://www.youtube.com/user/growingyourgreens#p/search/0/XDSGQYN8l4.
          >
          > Grow plants, eat plants!

        • Michael Bedar

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 13, 2012
              Thanks, Michael!

              Last summer, The Free Farm gave out "Shout out for Sprouts" kits! See posting at http://thefreefarm.blogspot.com/2011/08/saturdays-fruitful-veggieful-volunteer.html

              The Free Farm has something for everyone so please stop by to volunteer/visit soon! As mentioned in latest posting, The Free Farm turns 3 years old this month & we are celebrating with a vegan party on January 28th; see www.thefreefarm.org for details!

              John Kohler's video tour of The Free Farm at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDSGQYN8l48