Feb 11: SFVS Chinese New Year Dining Out, Menu and Parade

  • jcadiz2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2012
      Celebrate the Year of the Dragon with the San Francisco Vegetarian Society at our annual Chinese New Year banquet on:

      Saturday, Feb. 11, 2012, from 5:00pm to 7:00pm at Enjoy Vegetarian Restaurant, 839 Kearny St. (betw. Jackson & Washington in San Francisco Chinatown). Enjoy a sumptuous, delicious twelve-course banquet for only $25 (tea, tax and tip included). After dinner, step outside to watch the Chinese New Year Parade, which will pass by in front of the restaurant. Our menu:

      1. Dumplings, water-boiled
      2. Fresh mustard greens & bok choy
      3. Tri-Spice soy chicken
      4. Veggie chow mein noodles
      5. Bean curd rolls with vegetables
      6. Chinese broccoli w/ginger
      7. Eggplant w/ veggie sea bass
      8. Fresh mushrooms w/fried soft tofu & vegetables
      9. Lotus root & lily vegetables
      10. String beans w/ soy beef in satay sauce w/basil
      11. Steamed brown rice
      12. Dessert: Fried sweet sesame balls

      In the Buddhist tradition, dishes do not contain garlic or onion.
      We hope you will join us for this festive and joyful occasion.

      Please make your check payable to San Francisco Vegetarian Society and send to our treasurer, J.C. Cadiz, 71 Rondel St., San Francisco CA 94103. Seating limited to 40 people as we have reserved the private dining room. Please write your telephone number or email address to receive confirmation. You check payment and telephone confirmation will be your reservation. Non-refundable once check is received. First come-first serve basis only. This event always sells out, so please respond as soon as you can. This year, Chinese New Year falls on January 23, 2012.

      Gong Hei Fat Choi !

      Janet