Re: [SFVS] Sexy, 73 and Vegetarian

  • vasumurti@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2012
      "Sexy, 73 and Vegetarian" eh?

      The subject header reminds me of the summer of 1983, when the Stray Cats released their follow-up to their 1982 album Built for Speed.

      (Actually, Built for Speed contained songs from previous years which weren't on any album.  The Stray Cats' first hit single, "Rock This Town," was an anti-disco song, and my friend Hilton says it was the first song played by 104.5 KFOG when they switched from Muzak to a rock & roll format.)

      The Stray Cats' new song given airplay in 1983 was "Sexy and Seventeen."  MTV was all the rage, and although I was in college and hadn't seen the video, my friend Aaron, still in high school, had seen it, and said critically:

      "She (the actress playing the lead singer's girlfriend in the video) is fifteen, and she's ugly!"

      ****

      All kidding aside, Mimi Kirk is very sexy for a 73 year old, and I can see the reason PETA selected her as one of the sexiest vegetarians in her age group.  I can't help but wonder, though, if cosmetic surgery contributed to her youthful appearance?

      Unlike MTV, vegetarianism is neither a new innovation, nor a passing fad, but an ethic which has stood the test of time.  And neither are vegetarians, as indicated by PETA's selection of Mimi Kirk.

      --Vasu

      vasumurti@...