Re: feeding wild animals is not good, in my opinion

  • sunny_outdoors
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2011
      feeding "wild" birds with bread is not healthy, or feeding them is not to their best interests...

      here's some of the reasons why, This can pertain to ALL birds and other animals. Birds that migrate thru The Bay Area are also affected.

      http://sfdpw.org/index.aspx?page=1329

      Lake Elizabeth in Fremont CA, had a disease (due to human feeding), that killed all the local and migrating birds. This is one of many places that learned the hard way. That's why the Lake no long allow feeding the "wild" birds.

      I've seen high class homes caked with 2 inches of bird fecal matter that is not only smelly, but dangerous to human health.

      ==
      Ignoring the rules, people feed the deer all the time at the Oakland hills and other places

      winnie