Don’t let them flush our forests down the toilet!

  • Nick
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2005
      *November 3rd Day of Action to Save Ancient Forests
      <http://www.kleercut.net/nov3events> *

      Friends,

      Kleenex sells 180 billion sheets of tissue paper each year and NOT ONE
      of them has any recycled content. They can make a tissue that stops the
      spread of the flu but they can't make them out of something besides
      10,000 year old forests? Kleenex even goes as far as to boast on their
      website that their tissues are made from 100% virgin fiber. Kleenex and
      parent corporation Kimberly-Clark are felling ancient forests to flush
      them down the toilet. Phooey!

      More than 90,000 folks have sent messages to tell Kimberly-Clark and
      Kleenex to change their ways. We know that Kimberly Clark is wiping out
      ancient forests for disposable tissues, but we need your help to spread
      the word and STOP the destruction.

      **

      Join Greenpeace and other groups for an *International Day of Action on
      November 3^rd *. Visit the day of action events center at
      *http://www.kleercut.net/nov3events?lst* to find and RSVP for an event
      in your area, or list your own event!

      **

      If you can commit to flyering for an hour at your local grocery store,
      list it so others can join you. Every flyer, poster, phone call and
      petition signature turns up the heat on these tissue tyrants. We�ve put
      together a downloadable day of action kit with everything you�ll need,
      including event how-to�s, flyers, posters, and petitions.

      On November 3^rd , tell your neighbors, your friends, your family, and
      your local grocery store shoppers that buying Kleenex is blowing away
      one of the oldest and rarest forests on Earth.

      Feel free to email usa@... <mailto:usa@...> if you
      have any questions or need advice. And be sure to check out
      *http://www.kleercut.net <http://www.kleercut.net/>* for more info.

      See you in the streets!

      PS�If you haven�t already, don�t forget to visit our action center to
      *send a message to Kimberly-Clark
      <http://www.kleercut.net/sendamessage?lst>*!