Vegetarian Cooking Class: Thanksgiving for the Birds

  • Colleen A. Patrick-Goudreau/Compassionat
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2005
      NOVEMBER VEGETARIAN COOKING CLASS: THANKSGIVING FOR THE BIRDS
      Join the Compassionate Cooks' (www.compassionatecooks.com) Vegetarian Cooking Class on November 12th from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. as we feature a cornucopia of delicious dishes that will impress friends and family members alike while showing reverence to the 300 million turkeys killed each year (45 million of which are killed for Thanksgiving alone).

      In our most popular cooking class, we demonstrate five delicious, nutritious dishes, including Harvest- Stuffed Winter Squash, Sensational Stuffing with Toasted Nuts and Raisins, Mashed Potatoes with Carmelized Onions, Glazed Garlic Green Beans, and Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crust. Using local, in-season, organic ingredients, we feature uncomplicated recipes, debunk myths regarding plant-based eating, eat yummy food samples, and have a lot of fun!

      Register in advance by November 11th online at www.compassionatecooks.com or call 510-531-COOK and join us at the First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th St. at Castro. Wheelchair accessible. $40 (includes instruction, food samples, copies of recipes, and so much more).
      Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
      Founder & Director
      Compassionate Cooks
      P.O. Box 18512
      Oakland, CA 94619
      510.531.COOK (2665)
      colleen@...
      http://www.compassionatecooks.com

      Compassionate Cooks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering people to make informed food choices and to debunking myths about vegetarianism through cooking classes, nutrition workshops, farm animal sanctuary tours, and cooking DVDs.