Food: Mighty Monsanto, King Corn & The End of Family Farms (g1a2d0015c1)

  • scott munson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2011
      Food: Mighty Monsanto, King Corn & The End of Family Farms (g1a2d0015c1)

      FOOD: MIGHTY MONSANTO, KING CORN & THE END OF FAMILY FARMS
      Global Revolution 1: American Revolution 2: Day 15: Communication 1
      1 Oct 2011 (g1a2d0015c1)

      Video 1 of 3: The World According to Monsanto

      "Monsanto supplies 90 percent of the GE [genetically engineered] seeds used by the US market. Monsanto's long arm stretched so far that, in the early nineties, the US Food and Drugs Agency even ignored warnings of their own scientists, who were cautioning that GE crops could cause negative health effects. Other tactics the company uses to stifle concerns about their products include misleading advertising, bribery and concealing scientific evidence."

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH4OwBYDQe8

      Video 2 of 3: The Future of Food

      "Patenting of life is now permitted, no labeling of genetically modified organisms (GMO's) in food is required, research is conducted on these issues by universities beholden to the "agri-corps" who fund them, and the major regulatory agencies are run by former execs from these very companies."

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnD-DiDRIJA

      Video 3 of 3: King Corn

      "The film shows how the perception of industrialization in corn has all but eliminated the image of the family farm, which is being replaced by larger industrial farms. Cheney and Ellis suggest that this trend reflects a larger industrialization of the North American food system."--Wikipedia

      http://www.hulu.com/watch/255609/king-corn

      ###

      I am not Anonymous. I am an American.

      I am not just a Consumer. I am a Citizen.

      I will no longer be labeled Left or Right, Liberal or Conservative, Demopublican or Republocrat.

      I will no longer follow Puppets labeled Left or Right, Liberal or Conservative, Demopublican or Republocrat.

      I am the People. And I am coming for the Puppetmasters.

      I am part of the 99 Percent. And I demand the following:

      1. End the Fed.

      2. Reverse Citizens United.

      3. Repeal PATRIOT Act.

      4. Expose 9/11 Truth.