Veggie Jews' 10/10/05 dinner with special guest Doll Stanley

  • Veggie Jews
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2005
      Please join Veggie Jews for dinner on Monday, October 10, 2005, at 7 p.m.
      when we will meet at Café Gratitude vegetarian restaurant, 2400 Harrison
      Street (at 20th) in San Francisco's Mission District.

      We’ll be joined by special guest Doll Stanley, director of IDA’s Project
      Hope, who will tell us about her animal rescue work in New Orleans and
      coastal Mississippi following two recent hurricanes. (There will not be any
      fundraising.)

      As for Café Gratitude, according to SanFrancisco.CitySearch.com: “Rising
      above the challenge of vegan cooking and blending an almost-all raw menu,
      the food is a bargain, beautifully prepared, and satisfying enough to turn
      any carnivore herbivore for an evening. Highlights include a garlicky
      buckwheat-crusted nut cheese pizza, and flavor-packed pates like teriyaki
      carrot-almond, walnut-sunflower seed, and the "mock tuna" almond, celery,
      sea vegetable, and lemon. Chocolate pudding is robust and dense, and the
      hand-cranked frozen nut creams were fun to churn . . .” We will order from
      the menu.

      If you will attend, please reply to <mailto:veggiejews@...>
      veggiejews@... no later than Sunday, October 9, at 2 p.m.
      Walk-ins without reservations will only be accommodated on a space-available
      basis, so reservations are strongly recommended.

      For information about Café Gratitude, go to
      <http://www.withthecurrent.com/cafe.html> www.withthecurrent.com/cafe.html
      or call (415) 824-4652. For local San Francisco public transportation
      information, go to <http://www.sfmuni.com/> www.sfmuni.com/ or call MUNI at
      (415) 673-6864. For Bay Area public transportation information, go to
      <http://www.bart.gov/> www.bart.gov/ or call BART at (510) 465-2278.

      [Veggie Jews is an on-line and real world organization with events in local
      communities dedicated to supporting Jewish vegans and vegetarians and
      spreading vegan, vegetarian and animal rights values into the Jewish
      community. All Veggie Jews' events are open to Jews of all ages and our
      non-Jewish friends. We are not a singles or religious group, although single
      and observant people are always welcome. For early notice of all events and
      more group information, please go to
      <http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews/>
      it's cruelty free.]