Announcing Veggie Jews' 10/10/05 dinner in San Francisco

  • Veggie Jews
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2005
      Please join Veggie Jews for dinner on Monday, October 10, 2005, at 7 p.m.
      when we will meet at Café Gratitude vegetarian restaurant, 2400 Harrison
      Street (at 20th) in San Francisco's Mission District.

      According to SanFrancisco.CitySearch.com: “Hidden on an out-of-the-way
      Mission corner, the look is standard upscale coffee shop, with wood floors,
      pillowed bench seating, and bare painted walls. The only eyebrow-raiser is
      the café's own board game, Abundant River, colorfully splayed on every
      table. Clientele proudly sport chin stubble and a clean, but rumpled vegan
      chic.

      “Rising above the challenge of vegan cooking and blending an almost-all raw
      menu, the food is a bargain, beautifully prepared, and satisfying enough to
      turn any carnivore herbivore for an evening. Highlights include a garlicky
      buckwheat-crusted nut cheese pizza, and flavor-packed pates like teriyaki
      carrot-almond, walnut-sunflower seed, and the "mock tuna" almond, celery,
      sea vegetable, and lemon. Chocolate pudding is robust and dense, and the
      hand-cranked frozen nut creams were fun to churn . . .” We will order from
      the menu.

      If you will attend, please reply to < <mailto:veggiejews@...>
      veggiejews@...> no later than Sunday, October 9, at 2 p.m.
      Walk-ins without reservations will only be accommodated on a space-available
      basis, so reservations are strongly recommended.

      For information about Café Gratitude, go to
      <http://www.withthecurrent.com/cafe.html>
      http://www.withthecurrent.com/cafe.html or call (415) 824-4652. For local
      San Francisco public transportation information, go to <
      <http://www.sfmuni.com/> http://www.sfmuni.com/> or call MUNI at (415)
      673-6864. For Bay Area public transportation information, go to <
      <http://www.bart.gov/> http://www.bart.gov/> or call BART at (510) 465-2278.

      [Veggie Jews is an on-line and real world organization with events in local
      communities dedicated to supporting Jewish vegans and vegetarians and
      spreading vegan, vegetarian and animal rights values into the Jewish
      community. All Veggie Jews' events are open to Jews of all ages and our
      non-Jewish friends. We are not a singles or religious group, although single
      and observant people are always welcome. For early notice of all events and
      more group information, please go to <
      <http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews/>
      kosher if it's cruelty free.]