next potluck is Sat 8/27 - with additional details

  • sunny outdoors
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2011

      The next potluck will be full house again.  I expect 50 people attending.  Please bring generous food-
       preferably healthy vegan entrees (Raw is great!).  If you have been bringing just drinks and appetizer, please consider bringing  REAL dinner food so Dixie don't have to make 5 to 7 entrees.    Someone who used to bring drinks all the time, is now making one of the best vegan food in town!  (or buy something)

      EACH person, especially generous eaters like ME, should bring enough food for lots of other people.

        Please help, serve Wheel Chair STan Mahy- "the VEGAN ham" his meal.  No need to serve him desserts cause usually a volunteer (not Dixie) makes sure he doesn't get too much.  Stan is sneaky, he asks 10 different people to bring him ONE cookie.

      It's a tradition for me, and everyone to say hi to Stan when coming in.  So if you don't know STan, just say hi.  Before his car accident, he was actively involved in the community such as checking people in when they arrive at the potlucks/events.  Anyone wants to volunteer to be at the check in table at this potluck?    just jump right in.

      Unless you are like JAnet, who just got off work at 6pm, please try to be on time.  If too many people keep coming in late,  Dixie will delay starting the potluck.   Hey, don't be discouraged if you are late, just show up as soon as you can.  However, if 20 people are late (half the people)  Dixie won't start the potlucks on time and we won't get extra lecture time with our speaker.

       Dinner Time below  to 7pm  but aim at getting there at 6:30pm cause we have to set our dish out, etc..
      Don't forget to bring your own plates and forks.  This location does not provide them.
      Village Harvest l/2 block away on 8th Ave offers lots of Whole Foods Quality produce for sale.  Prices are standard like Whole Foods.

      Over 20 years ago, people laughed at the owner for selling organic produce and didn't think he can make it this far.....

      Come say hi to him or his workers. (I don't see him that often now)
      SFVS Potluck & Free Lecture Saturday, August 27
      “Ten Dangerous Nutrition Myths by Janice Stanger Ph.D,
      Author The Perfect Formula Diet
      Potluck 6:30 p.m. Appetizers; 7:00 p.m. Dinner;
      8:00 p.m. Free Lecture
      St. James Community Room, 4620 California Street, between 8th & 9th Avenues, SF
      For those attending the potluck, $2 suggested donation with food for 10 (vegan preferred);
      $10 without food.
      Following the potluck, Dr. Stanger will discuss common diet myths. If popular ideas about nutrition were correct, why would so many adults and children be overweight and sick? This no-myth-left-untouched presentation will transform your understanding of six whole foods you should eat and the processed foods, animal foods, and supplements you should never consume. Exactly how much do you need of key nutrients – and what happens if you get too much?  Enjoy whole food feasts without guilt or worries about deficiencies. Discover the secrets to sustaining strong bones, unobstructed arteries, and youthful vigor – all without dissecting your food into protein, carbs, and fats.
      Janice is a nutrition expert, author, educator, and speaker. Her mission in writing The Perfect Formula Diet is to help people, animals, and the planet through providing solid, yet little-known, information on whole foods, plant-based diets. She is in her sixteenth year of critically analyzing scientific studies on nutrition, weight loss, and health.  She has a Ph.D. in Human Development and Aging from University of California, San Francisco – one of the country’s leading health sciences campuses. She is certified in plant-based nutrition through the T Colin Campbell Foundation and eCornell. She also has an M.B.A from University of California, Berkeley.

      Don

      He wa

      sign, Sunny

      signature:
      Jim Rogers,is a financial genius but nobody listens to him on how to save this toxic crises.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Rogers
      http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=jim+rogers&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLD&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=84rESYGzFJmktQOO34nlBg&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#