Announcing Veggie Jews' 9/15/05 dinner in San Francisco

  • Veggie Jews
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      Please join Veggie Jews for dinner on Thursday, September 15, 2005, at 7
      p.m. when we will meet at Hulu House vegetarian restaurant, 754 Kirkham
      Street (at 12th Avenue) in San Francisco's Sunset District.

      According to one reviewer at VegDining.com, "[Hulu House] uses new pots and
      pans that never touched meat to prepare Singapore, Malaysian, and Chinese
      dishes. All the workers are Buddhist vegetarians who will serve you lunch
      dishes that are under $4.50 and dinner dishes are all under $6.50. Sample
      menu: Laksa (mild spicy), Malaysian noodle soup, Nasi Lemak, Malaysian
      coconut rice, with 'fish,' Thick Rice Noodles with vegetables, Spring roll
      (not fried), pot stickers, Pickled Chinese Cabbage and Pickled Jicama with
      Chilis, brown rice. Drinks: hot tea - chrysanthum (decaf), Red Tea, Green
      Tea. Their teas are quite good." We will order from the menu.

      If you will attend, please reply to veggiejews@... no later than
      Tuesday evening, September 13 at 5 p.m. Walk-ins without reservations will
      only be accommodated on a space-available basis, so reservations are
      strongly recommended.

      For information on Hulu House, call (415) 682-0826. For local San Francisco
      public transportation information, go to www.sfmuni.com
      <http://www.sfmuni.com/> or call MUNI at (415) 673-6864. For Bay Area
      public transportation information, go to www.BART.gov <http://www.bart.gov/>
      or call BART at (510) 465-2278. For information about Veggie Jews, please go

      [Veggie Jews is an on-line and real world organization with events in local
      communities dedicated to supporting Jewish vegans and vegetarians and
      spreading vegan, vegetarian and animal rights values into the Jewish
      community. All Veggie Jews' events are open to Jews of all ages and our
      non-Jewish friends. We are not a singles or religious group, although single
      and observant people are always welcome. For early notice of all events and
      more group information, please go to www.groups.yahoo.com/group/veggiejews.
      And remember: It's only kosher if it's cruelty free.]