Problem with saying that "All birthday cake is not vegan"

  • Maynard S. Clark
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2011
      "Not all birthday cake is vegan."
      To say that "All birthday cake is not vegan" is to say that NO birthday cake is vegan, which would be pretty sad at vegan birthdays.

      Let's get this right.  We're already trying to get the vegan part right.  Surely we should get TALKING about the vegan part right, also.

      Of course, another semantic twist might be to say that

      No birthday cake is vegan - only people can be vegans, but some birthday cakes may be vegan-friendly.

      Maynard              | GoogleChat: Maynard.Clark | Skype: MaynardClark

      Maynard S. Clark, RAC            |               617-615-9672 (GoogleVoice)

      Blog Links | HSPH Bioethics | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Google Profile

      On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 1:15 AM, Joseph Cadiz <jcadiz2002@...> wrote:
      From Martha Aguilar

      > Article: All birthday cake is not vegan:  The problem with identifying as "veganish"http://www.examiner.com/vegan-in-roanoke/all-birthday-cake-is-not-vegan-the-problem-with-identifying-as-veganish

    • Martha Aguilar
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
        Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see a need for the whole "birthday cake" discussion in the article. Mentioning that disctracted from the greater message on understanding the abolition movement.
        Martha