Change of Heart: A presentation on activism and what really works!

  • Hope
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2011

      CHANGE OF HEART

       A free presentation and discussion on activism and what really works!

       SUNDAY, JULY 31

      6 pm

      At the Space Lounge (in Saturn Cafe)

      2175 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA.

       Please join IDA in welcoming Nick Cooney to the Bay Area. Nick's cutting edge book, Change of Heart, is a must read for all activists, armchair to professional! Nick will be discussing what scientific psychology research can teach activists for animals, the earth, and any social movement about how to effectively persuade the public to adopt compassionate behaviors.

       YOU WILL LEARN:

      -How to become a more effective advocate

      -Why we often misunderstand what really motivates people when it comes to making compassionate choices

      -What is motivating our advocacy choices, and is it helping or hurting our efforts?

      -How to measure our effectiveness and do the most good possible!

       Vegan Appetizers and Cupcakes!

      Nick's Bio-

      Nick Cooney is the founder and director of The Humane League, an animal advocacy organization based in Philadelphia, PA that focuses on farm animal protection issues. Nick has written for publications including The Philadelphia Inquirer and Z Magazine, and his advocacy work has been featured in hundreds of media outlets including Time magazine, the Wall Street Journal, and National Public Radio. He holds a degree in Non-Violence Studies from Hofstra University and formerly worked conducting nutrition education programs with the University of Pennsylvania's Urban Nutrition Initiative.

      Help spread the word! I need people in the East Bay willing to post flyers for this event- if you are able to do this, please let me know!

       For more info: Contact Hope at hope@... or 707-540-1760