Vegsource Videos: Potatoes & John Robbins

  • Col
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2011

      2 Vegsource Videos: Potatoes & John Robbins

      2 Vegsource Videos

      Recently a Harvard study concluded that potatoes are bad for those wanting to lose weight and be healthy.

      But is this true and accurate? Or another example of shoddy "science?"

      Well, if we are discussing French Fries, Potato Chips, and the standard versions of mashed, boiled and baked potatoes (covered with cheese, butter, bacon and sour cream) then yes, the potato looks like "bad news."

      However, if we are talking about the plain old baked potato, then this study has no impact. Both the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the World Health Organization declared 2008 "The International Year of the Potato" -- based on the potato's importance to the survival of the human race.

      So the plain old potato is still optimal for weight loss and health. Here's Dr. McDougall spreading some education about the potato.

      WATCH DR. McDOUGALL NOW
      http://www.vegsourc e.com/news/ 2011/07/potatoes -bad-not- so-fast-video. html

      = = =

      John Robbins: Why Meals For Health must continue (VIDEO)

      And in case you missed it yesterday, you'll also want to watch this beautiful talk by EarthSave founder John Robbins about what it means that people in a food bank are going vegan and regaining their health.

      John talks about what Meals For Health teaches most to both participants and program volunteers -- our connection to each other.

      WATCH JOHN ROBBIN'S BEAUTIFUL TALK
      http://www.vegsourc e.com/news/ 2011/07/john- robbins-why- meals-for- health-is- important- video.html

      Live Simply So That
      Others May Simply Live