  • meatfreeamerica
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2011

      this week on GO VEGAN WITH BOB LINDEN

      - guest DR HELEN CALDICOTT, the world's foremost expert on the catastrophe that is nuclear power and nuclear weaponry - YOU MUST HEAR THIS SHOW & You'll agree - We Must Shut Down The Nukes Now - details below...

      on air on Clear Channel progressive talk radio -
      KPOJ-AM-620 Portland Sunday at 9am
      GREEN 960 AM-radio San Francisco, Sunday at 3pm
      Archives: www.GoVeganRadio.com

      No Nukes! Now War! No Animals on the Grill -
      Sunday July 3, noon - 3:30, Unitarian Universalist Center, 1187 Franklin at Geary...
      Have Fun! Eat, Drink, Dance, Shmooze - and help animals and the environment

      Fantastic Food, Compelling Speakers, Even Live Steel Drum Music

      - speakers and attendees include DR ELLIOT KATZ, IDA / In Defense of Animals, DIXIE MAHY, president - San Francisco Vegetarian Society, JAKE CONROY, SHAC / Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty, JOSEPH BUDDENBURG, AETA-4 ("Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act"), ALFREDO KUBA, "Cesar Chavez Award", Kuba vs. CA, PAT CUVIELLO, successful circus protest free speech litigant, champion bodybuilder KENNETH G WILLIAMS..

      BOB LINDEN, emcee
      ******* a benefit for GO VEGAN RADIO

      BY STUFFING YOUR FACE - JUST $10 at the door includes food and a raffle ticket

      ... and what food? Tofurky franks and sausage, Sunshine Burger gluten-free patties, EcoVegan "Spicy Bits", Whole Soy yogurt, Rudi's Bakery buns and rolls, Souley Vegan restaurant in Oakland potato salad and bbq tofu, Sheese imported vegan cheese, Hodo Soy Beanery tofu, So Delicios ice cream...and more!

      Derek Smith live steel drum music

      Raffle prizes include meals at Loving Hut, Souley Vegan, Golden Lotus, and Ananda Fuara restaurants, books including "From Crisis To Peace" by Supreme Master Ching Hai, "The PETA Vegan College Cookbook", videos including "Earthlings", Hodo tofu, and lots more...
      > solar cooking demonstration > compostable plates, utensils > sponsored by San Francisco Vegetarian Society, Unitarian Universalists for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, UU Green Committee

      -and just to make it a PATRIOTIC PARTY for Independence Day weekend - A FREE SPEECH CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS PANEL DISCUSSION at 2:30 with participants whose stories would have the "founding fathers" wondering why they even bothered. It's up to us to protect the constitution so we can speak freely for the animals

      If you can't make it to the bbq, support the program with a tax-deductible donation to help us pay for airtime...

      please make your check payable to
      PO Box 475414
      San Francisco, CA 94147
      - or click DONATE at www.GoVeganRadio.org

      If we had the money, right now radio stations who would broadcast the program include KTLK Los Angeles, WWRL New York, WCPT Chicago, KPTK Seattle, as well as GREEN 960 in San Francisco, and KPOJ in Portland. We must purchase the airtime, and it ranges from $500 to $1500 per hour per station.

      Advertise: Bob@... 818-623-6477

      Listen to the GO VEGAN FRIDAY FEATURE -
      noon hour, Fridays, GREEN-960-AM

      Outspoken, world-renowned Nobel Peace Prize nominee, anti-nuke spokesperson
      DR HELEN CALDICOTT with the unrevealed truth on the crisis of biblical proportions in Japan, threats to life by nukes elsewhere, and the continuing US nuclear wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Don't drink the water or eat any fish from the Columbia River, advises DR CALDICOTT in a scathing review of Hanford. Is nuke energy green? Does nuke energy help fight global warming? LISTEN. DR CALDICOTT is founder of Physicians for Social Responsibility, and has authored numerous books including "Nuclear Power Is Not The Answer". What are we going to do about it? <<<ALSO>>>
      Is the newly-developed meat from human exrement by Japanese research scientists really any more repulsive than the meat you already eat? <<<AND>>> Listener response to Bob's relentless criticism of the Humane $ociety of the United $tates

      - broadcast of GO VEGAN WITH BOB LINDEN
      made possible by Vegetarian House, world class, vegan, organic, gmo-free cuisine in downtown San Jose at 520 East Santa Clara Street www.Vegetarian House.us,

      Befriend us on FaceBook: Bob Linden /// Cyberstalk us on Twitter: GoVeganRadio

      Thanks to our donors and sponsors who make
      GO VEGAN WITH BOB LINDEN possible -

      Special for listeners - limited time offer - 10% off all purchases of $50 or more from your online vegan superstore, Vegan Essentials, when you put GVR (as in Go Vegan Radio) in the coupon box at

      When Natalie Portman needed cruelty-free no-leather ballet shoes for her Oscar-nominated performance, she got them from CYNTHIA KING DANCE, Brooklyn, NY. You can too -

      Tofurky - enjoy vegan deli slices, franks, sausage, tempeh, and new pizza - hexane-free - Tofurky is a member of the Non-GMO Project

      People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, featuring "PETA's Vegan College Cookbook - 275 Easy, Cheap, and Delicious Recipes to Keep You Vegan at School"

      Enjoy the delicious new variety of heat-and-serve, gmo-free, cholesterol-free entrees from EcoVegan at your natural market - www.EcoVegan.com

      You'll love LOVING HUT vegan restaurant - now with over 200 worldwide, the first one in North America is in Milpitas at 516 Barber Lane. Stanford students have a Loving Hut at 165 University Ave, Palo Alto. Now there are three in San Francisco, and many throughout Southern CA. For a location near you - www.LovingHut.us
      Chocolate lovers love the selection of vegan, organic, fair trade chocolates from SJAAKS -

      If you're looking for a realtor with the ethics of a vegan and three decades Bay Area real estate experience, contact JUDITH BROOKS ReMax / Pioneer 888-258-6854

      SUNSHINE BURGER - delicious vegan, organic, gluten-free, certified non-GMO patties in the frozen food section www.sunshineburger.com

      ANIMAL RIGHTS 2011, the national conference, July 21 - 25, Westin LAX Hotel, Los Angeles > See schedule and register online now for discounted rate www.ar2011.org

      SWEET LEMON VEGAN BISTRO - rave reviews for one of Portland's most popular dining experiences - at 4888 NW Bethany Blvd >503-617-1419 www.SweetLemonVeggieBistro.com

      For vegan events in the Bay Area, visit the website of the San Francisco Vegetarian Society - www.sfvs.org

      SHALOM PRINTING - vegan-owned, with special discounts for vegan and animal rights organizations - in Sherman Oaks, CA shalomprinting@...

      www.HappyCow.net, your online global directory of vegan restaurants and natural food markets

      INTERNATIONAL FUND FOR AFRICA - saving human babies and other species in Africa, promoting compassion and gmo-free veganism www.iFundAfrica.org

      Check out our RECENTLY ARCHIVED PROGRAMS >>>>>>>click LISTEN TO PAST SHOWS at www.GoVeganRadio.com and scroll down

      NOW ARCHIVED / June 26 program
      Listen this week for - Why Wiener Is A Loser / Why Weber Is A Winner,
      FARM's MICHAEL WEBER, program director organizing the Animal Rights Conference coming up in LA <<<AND>>> Is Initiative 1130 A Winner or A Loser in Washington State? LET THE DEBATE BEGIN on how we spend time and energy in the best interest of the animals...

      NOW ARCHIVED / June 19 program
      What Do Bagels and Steven Tyler's Hair Have In Common? Are Those Peanuts That You're Eating, Is That Orange Juice That Your Drinking - Vegan? Clogged Artery Kills World Champion Athlete - At Age 32
      <<<SPECIAL PLEDGE DRIVE EDITION THIS WEEK>>> guest ALFREDO KUBA, longtime Bay Area animal liberation activist, Cesar Chavez Award recipient, free-speech advocate (Kuba vs. California), and guest speaker at the July 3 SF Healthy Holiday BBQ (see below), SPONTANEOUSLY BREAKS INTO A PLEDGE DRIVE, URGING LISTENERS AND FRIENDS TO RAISE $5000 THIS WEEKEND - Please go to www.GoVeganRadio.com NOW, click DONATE, and give generously...

      ALFREDO notes that NPR, PBS, and Pacifica's KPFA and KPFK do not broadcast any vegan / animal liberation programs, and perpetuate speciesism. Do you donate to them? They are often underwritten by oil companies, animal abusers, and the biotech industry. If you want the animals to have a voice in the media - GO VEGAN WITH BOB LINDEN from GO VEGAN RADIO is it!!!GO VEGAN WITH BOB LINDEN, as heard on AIR AMERICA, is the first vegan show ever! Keep it going and Growing! WE HAVE TO BUY AIRTIME TO BE ON THE AIR. Currently broadcasting on GREEN 960 in San Francisco, and KPOJ in Portland - KTLK in Los Angeles wants to run the show. (That's $1500 every week.) WCPT Chicago wants to run the show - directly after "Meet the Press" and Huffington's show. (That's $550 every week.) We could also be on air in New York and Seattle - BUT ALL OF THIS HAPPENS ONLY WITH YOUR HELP!!! Please make your tax-deductible donation online now at www.GoVeganRadio.com

      NOW ARCHIVED / June 12 program
      An unbelievable story - a candidate actually fulfilling a campaign promise? Now that he's been elected to the West Hollywood City Council, we talk to JOHN D'AMICO about his campaign promise to ban fur. <ALSO> Animal advocate IAN ELWOOD, whose op-ed piece ran in the SF Bay Guardian, discusses Oakland's revisions of urban agriculture regulations. Will they bring backyard butchering and other problems for animals and the city? <AND> Meat and dairy - responsible for tornadoes, fires, e. coli, and new superbug? <PLUS> Worldwide movement to abolish meat!

      NOW ARCHIVED / June 5 program
      JAKE CONROY (SHAC-7 former federal political prisoner), talks about Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act, June 11 day of solidarity for jailed activists Eric McDavid, Marie Mason <<<AND>>> Capt. Charles Moore (Algalita Marine Research Foundation) on critical condition of ocean (part 2) <<<PLUS>>> Threat to the Unborn - Meat, Dairy, and Eggs /// Threat to Digestive System - GMO's /// MonsantOBAMA To Approve New GMO Soy and Cotton /// Taking Blame Away From Fruits and Vegetables for European E Coli Outbreak - And Putting It on Animal Agriculture Where It Belongs

      Dr. Elliot Katz, Jake Conroy To Participate in SAN FRANCISCO HEALTHY HOLIDAY BBQ July 3 - now with panel discussion on Free Speech Constitutional Rights /// see below

      NOW ARCHIVED / May 29 program
      TV pundit MeMe ROTH of "National Action Against Obesity" targets Ronald McDonald, Girl Scout cookies, and olympic and pro athletes for their role in childhood obesity <AND> Capt. CHARLES MOORE, founder of the Algalita Marine Research Foundation, sounds the alarm on the condition of the ocean, now with more plastic than plankton <PLUS> NPR suggests Monsanto is a leader in agricultural sustainability? What?

      NOW ARCHIVED / May 22 program
      - How has it become criminalized to feed vegan food to homeless people, and who's risking arrest to do it? Is "vegan" the new Al-Qaeda? <ALSO> Actions atre being planned against Air France / KLM for its role as the major transporter of animals for vivisection <AND> Alert to parents - the danger of your newborn receiving the Hepatitis B vaccine <PLUS> Pig farming and the environment

      NOW ARCHIVED / May 15 program
      How expensive is that cruel bowl of shark fin soup - to the environment? Guest KAITLIN GAFFNEY, Pacific Program Director for Ocean Conservancy discusses the proposed ban of shark fins in California, and what Chinese American voters think, as reflected in a new poll <AND> Sign up now at a discounted rate for AR2011, the animal rights conference coming to LA in July www.ar2011.org

      NOW ARCHIVED / May 8 program
      guest VAIDYA PRIYANKA, from a 700-year lineage of ayurvedic women healers from India (that's a lot of wisdom from a lot of moms) discusses the dangers of dairy consumption, and offers valuable health tips for moms and their families <AND> predictions of sea levels rising 5 feet mean we have to GO VEGAN to save Mother Earth

      NOW ARCHIVED / May 1 program
      THIS WEEK'S SHOW - As the most tortured and murdered species on earth, chickens certainly don't get the respect they deserve as the intelligent, lovable beings that they are. Guest author KAREN DAVIS, founder of United Poultry Concerns (www.upc-online.org), discusses International Respect for Chickens Day, this Wednesday - and what you can do to help these wonderful creatures. SHAME ON THOSE WHO PROMOTE OR EAT CAGE-FREE EGGS, FREE RANGE, OR ORGANIC CHICKEN, HAPPY MEAT, AND HUMANE SLAUGHTER, such as HSUS
      (the Hu-Mainly-About-The-Money Society of the US), and on this week's show, we must again question VegNews' absurd judgement for a feature article naming HSUS millionaire CEO - and serial animal killer Wolfgang Puck supporter - Wayne Pacelle "The Animals' Biggest Protector". What - an organization that says it does NOT promote veganism? Take a picture of Wolfgang Puck's cage-free chicken liver pate', VegNews. It'll be perfect the next time you want to illustrate a lentil loaf recipe.<ALSO> What percentage of meat has a staph infection, and bovine tuberculosis detected in California dairy herd <AND> Is the basis for so much animal suffering in the world the religious concept of dominion, where humans' abuse, use, torture, and murder are considered God-given rights?

      NOW ARCHIVED / April 24 program
      Guest WILL TUTTLE, author of the #1 Amazon Best Seller "The World Peace Diet", discusses his new vegan facilitator training program and expresses his outrage over VegNews' latest scandal - its use of pictures of dead animals to illustrate vegan recipes <AND> singer, musician, actress, film maker RODLEEN GETSIC with great vegan, animal rights music including "Animal Apology" and "Wrong Hunger" <PLUS>
      For Earth Day Weekend - a reminder: "You can't be a meat-eating, dairy consuming environmentalist!!!"
      It's the animals' planet too! Live - and help live.
      Meat and dairy cause climate change more than all other human activity combined - 51% of greenhouse gas emissions, PLUS deforestation, erosion, desertification, resource depletion, habitat destruction, pollution, and on and on...
      Mother Earth would like to thank Texas vegan visionary and animal rights pioneer SHIRLEY WILKES-JOHNSON for what she saved, and whom she saved, by living her last 27 years as a vegan. Hear that expression of gratitude on this week's show...

      NOW ARCHIVED / April 17 program
      Vivisection is revealed for the deadly and cruel scientific fraud that it is!!!
      Guest JOHN PIPPIN, M.D., who taught medicine at Harvard Medical School, and is now senior medical and research adviser for PCRM, educates us on animal experimentation, why it doesn't work, and how it costs billions of dollars and countless animal and human lives. <PLUS> Where to protest against vivisection for "World Week for Animals in Laboratories" in Portland, the Bay Area, and LA <AND> Everyone loved SHIRLEY WILKES-JOHNSON, heroic for the enormity of kindness and love she brought into the world

      NOW ARCHIVED / April 10 program
      Their "Citizen Radio" podcast received high praise from Noam Chomsky. Hear what G. Gordon Liddy and Glen Beck said about these two vegans - comedian JAMIE KILSTEIN, whom you may have seen on Conan, CNN, Showtime, Comedy Central, and journalist ALLISON KILKENNY, whom you may have read in progressive media including the Huffington Post and The Nation. www.WeAreCitizenRadio.com <<<AND>>> CESAR CHAVEZ - a vegan animal rights activist? Hear what you don't know about this modern day hero from his eldest granddaughter TERESA CHAVEZ DELGADO

      NOW ARCHIVED / April 3 program
      <guest> peace activist CINDY SHEEHAN talks war and peace, and about her vegan lifestyle. CINDY gained world attention when, after her son Casey was killed in Iraq, she questioned Bush regime policy from Camp Casey in Crawford Texas at the Bush ranch. She also challenged Pelosi for her congressional seat. Her website is www.cindysheehanssoapbox.com <<<ALSO>>> Can low level radiation be more deadly than high dosage?

      NOW ARCHIVED / March 27 program
      <guest> former GENERAL ELECTRIC engineer and manager turned investigative journalist, KEITH HARMON SNOW, recipient of three Project Censored Awards, exposes the deadly truth about nukes that the industry and its puppet U.S. government hide from you and don't want you to hear!!! His new article is "Nuclear Apocalypse in Japan - Lifting the Veil of Nuclear Catastrophe and Cover-Up: A Doomsday Scenario Unfolds With Characteristic Foolishness". <ALSO> more info on how to help animals in Japan and how to support vegan food relief for Japanese survivors <PLUS> seal massacre - in Africa, and California attempts ban on that bowl-of-cruelty - shark fin soup

      NOW ARCHIVED / March 20 program
      The plight of animals in the Japanese disaster, and rescue efforts, are discussed by
      PETA Special Projects Coordinator ALICIA WOEMPNER. <ALSO> Portland author
      DAVID AGRANOFF talks about his new book "The Vegan Revolution With Zombies", and why Portland has become so vegan friendly

      NOW ARCHIVED / March 13 program
      Guests include environmental activist TIM DeCHRISTOPHER - facing a 10-year prison sentence - for what? You will be shocked by the heroic story of this soon-to-be Obama corporate political prisoner. Also - renowned health professional MICHAEL KLAPER, M.D., former NASA consultant, contributor to PBS specials "Food For Thought" and "Diet For A New America", and physician at True North Health in Santa Rosa, who will be speaking, along with BOB LINDEN, at the Great American Meat-Out lunch, Sunday March 20th
      at the Unitarian Universalist Center in San Francisco on Franklin at Geary

      BOB LINDEN hosting "The Flesh-Eater's Show"?
      Listen to the March 30th program at www.VeganWorldRadio.org