Dinner party - Friday August 12 @ Golden Era

  • Dave Goggin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2005
      This is a personal invitation:

      This month's "second wednesday" dinner party will be on FRIDAY AUGUST 12. We'll enjoy a tastey feast at Golden Era, the near-legendary Vietnamese restaurant, where this whole series started.

      That's Friday, August 12th! I'm now accepting reservations for this event.

      Come on over for a fun dinner, meet new friends, catch up on gossip with old friends. Golden Era is famous for its wide selection of interesting Vietnamese/Asian dishes rich with delightfully deceptive fake meat. Of course, half the fun is socializing with the other cool and friendly people who'll show up.

      Please be sure to RSVP to me No Later Than Thursday, August 11 if you want to go. Please include an estimate of the probability that you'll be there, if you're not 100% sure.

      We're going to try something new: prearranged seating. When you RSVP tell me which yahoo group you saw this event on so I can place people around the table in interesting and chatty locations.

      Golden Era, 572 O'Farrell Street. (at Leavenworth) We'll gather at 6:30pm and start ordering by 6:50pm. We will simply order from the menu. Family Style. Cost will be split among the participants -- cost should be about $13-$16 each.

      The best way to get there is by public transport, Take the 38L bus and hop off at Leavenworth, then just stroll a block south to O'Farrell and turn left and stroll east 1/2 block. By BART just get off at Embarcadero and catch the 38L on Fremont st. & Market. Email me for Caltrain directions or specifics from other parts of town.

      Looking forward to seeing y'all.

      Dave G.
      NOTE: My dinner series is no longer part of Bay Area Vegetarians.