The 30-Day Vegan Challenge

  • Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2011
      Hi Compassionate Friends,

      So excited to share this sneak preview of my new book, published by Random House: The 30-Day Vegan Challenge, coming out on August 23rd! The San Francisco Veg Fest will be one of the first events it will be at! Cannot wait! Pre-orders are already available in online and offline bookstores. Hope you can see why I'm so excited. It will finally be the book every vegan can give anyone who ever says "I'd like to try being vegan, BUT <fill in the blank>.

      http://vimeo.com/compassionatecooks/30dayveganchallenge

      Be Kind to Animals. Don't Eat Them.

      Vegan's Daily Companion: www.vegansdailycompanion.com
      Color Me Vegan: www.colormevegan.com
      The Vegan Table: www.vegantable.com
      Joy of Vegan Baking: www.joyofveganbaking.com
      30-Day Vegan Challenge: www.30dayveganchallenge.com
      Food for Thought Podcast: www.vegetarianfoodforthought.com

      Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
      Founder & Director
      Compassionate Cooks
      P.O. Box 18512
      Oakland, CA 94619
      510.531.COOK (2665)
      colleen@...
      www.compassionatecooks.com

      Colleen Patrick-Goudreau is dedicated to empowering people to make informed food choices, to debunking myths about veganism, and to giving people the tools and resources they need to live according to their values of compassion and wellness. Visit www.compassionatecooks.com for Colleen's books, podcasts, articles, interviews, resources, and recipes.

      Compassionate Cooks

    • Dixie Mahy
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2011
        THE 30-DAY VEGAN CHALLENGE
        by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
        Review from Patti Breitman

           Colleen will be speaking at the WORLD VEG FESTIVAL Saturday, October 1, 2011, 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., San Francisco    County Fair Building, (9th Avenue at Lincoln Way, inside the GG Park, where her book may be purchased also.

        And folks can watch a quick 2-minute video about the book: http://www.vimeo.com/25559560

        The 30-Day Vegan Challenge
        by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
        (Review written by Patti Bretiman of Marin Vegetarian Education Group)

        Whether you have been a vegan for 30 years, 30 minutes, or never before, The 30-Day Vegan Challenge is the perfect book for you. In addition to answering every possible question that vegans are asked or ask themselves (Wasn't early man a hunter? Aren't humans designed to eat meat? Where do you get your calcium, protein, iron omega-3 fats?), the author includes thoughtful, inpiring, wise essays on issues that often arise as a vegan. She addresses celebrating holidays, living in a family that does not want to eat the way you do,  how to live joyfully in a nonvegan world, and all those persnickety doubts that others foist on us when we choose to live a vegan life.

        The 30-Day Vegan Challenge is so positive, uplifting, joyful and compassionate, that it would be difficult to read it and not want to improve your diet, regardless of how vegan or how "clean" it already is. Brenda Davis, R.D. wrote the foreword and consulted on all the nutrional advice in the book..

        With beautiful photographs and eye catching color throughout the book, recipes accompany each chapter. And as enticing as the recipes are, the wisdom and kindness that saturate the book are its most alluring attribute.  The book is a warm and sincere invitation to be true to our deepest values. Toward that end, Patrick-Goudreau encourages us to pay attention to what really matters in our life and in the lives we affect. Like a supportive friend, she shepherds us through physical and emotional changes that may accompany dietary changes. She offers brilliant advice for finding food while travelling; packing lunches for school or work; understanding and ending cravings; demystifying tofu; learning to digest beans; finding confidence and joy in social situations; weight control; and life after cheese. The 30-Day Vegan Diet is written with  a light, welcoming tone, and is an empowering encouragement to live with integrity from our most life affirming and loving selves.  I wish I had had this book when I went vegan back in 1986. I am overjoyed to have it now to read and re-read, to share with others, and to feel that I have a compassionate and experienced teacher and partner on my vegan path.   There is no better way to share our values than to live them daily with health, confidence and joy. And there is no better book to help us do that than The 30-Day Vegan Challenge. Thank you, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau!

        To hear the Colleen Patrick-Goudreau speak about The 30-Day Vegan Challenge, visit www.CompassionateCooks.com or attend the WorldVegFest. And whether or not you hear her speak, do buy a copy of this wonderful new book.  I will buy it back from you if you are not completely thrilled by it. Honest!

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 2012
          I've been waiting to make the formal announcement about this because we've been perfecting it, and now it's time to share! :)

          I've spent years creating The 30-Day Vegan Challenge (www.30dayveganchallenge.com), a multimedia, interactive program which guides people through the vegan transition joyfully, healthfully, confidently, and deliciously. Each day for 30 days, participants receive exclusive password-protected web access to daily messages, videos, audio podcasts, resources, and recipes. By the end of the 30 days, all the information (and account) is theirs to keep for good, and they can continue participating in the Community area where they can find support, find community, offer tips, etc.

          I'm so excited to offer this program as a resource for everyone and anyone - wherever they are, wherever they live, and whenever they want to join. You can watch my 2-minute video, then sign up or buy it as a gift at 30DayVeganChallenge.com

          Please help spread the word!

          For the animals,
          Colleen Patrick-Goudreau

          Colleen Patrick-Goudreau