Rawfood on a Budget

  • Darcy Crosman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2011
      Some of you may be interested in a meetup we have planned for June 16th
      Thursday in downtown Oakland.

      We will have an array of rawfood treats available and Brandi Rollins
      will be talking about how to really stretch your dollar when buying and preparing
      raw food (and vegan) meals. She has recently authored a book "Raw on a Budget"
      and we can also purchase e-books with discounts or pre-order a paperback version of her book- with discount coupons.

      If you are interested in this RSVP at this link:

      http://www.meetup.com/The-East-Bay-Raw-Food-Meetup-Group/events/19055631/

      If you would like to come but do not want to join our meetup- then email me
      and we'll make alternative RSVP arrangements.

      Thanks so much and below are all the details

      Darcy (organizer of Eastbay Rawfood Meetup)

      The price of the meetup is $6 to hear all about Brandi’s wonderful strategies to stay healthy within our means.

      We have an array of delightful dishes prepared by Chef Jillian Love, a graduate of the Living Light Culinary Arts Institute. Many who come to the Raw Tea event will get to sample her dishes.

      She is offering:
      Special: 2 pizzas and 1 salad $15
      A la Carte Prices Below

      Entrees

      Pizzas $6
      Choice of Three Italian Fusion Pizzettes with Onion and Rosemary Crust
      Herbed Spinach Pesto with Sweet Pepper Tapenade,
      Pizza Margherita with Garden Fresh Basil,
      Chipotle Spiced Mango Marinara with Crisp Summer Corn

      Salad $6
      Mediterranean Rocket Salad with Sun Feta Dressing

      Sweets: $3
      Rose Infused Aphrodisiac Chocolate Truffles
      Adaptogen Energy Balls
      Cinnamon Spice Apple Cobbler

      ToGo Snacks $5
      Gourmet Cajun BBQ Kale Chips
      Gourmet Cheezy Pecan Kale Chips

      Doors open at 6:15 p.m.
      And we will have time to have food and meet one another

      Brandi will begin speaking at 7 p.m. and will go to approximately 9 including Q & A.

      More about Brandi Rollins

      Brandi Rollins is an instructor and author of Confessions of an East Coast Raw Vegan: A Guide to Eating Raw Foods on the East Coast and the upcoming book, Raw Foods on a Budget: the Ultimate Program and Workbook to Eating Raw Foods on a Budget. Brandi has led workshops and online programs teaching people how to enjoy a raw food lifestyle in cold climates and while living on a budget. Brandi is also a doctoral student studying the development of food preferences and eating for pleasure in early childhood at Penn State University.