Green Bonds

  • Dixie Mahy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2011
      From GREEN AMERICA

      In the past 12 months, we have lost thousands of innocent lives to our addiction to dirty energy, in disasters like Japan's nuclear catastrophe, the BP oil spill, and Massey's coal mine explosion.

      The good news is, clean energy alternatives exist. Now all we need is a new way to invest in green technologies — energy efficiency, renewables, and mass transit projects — that will be popular with the American people and Congress alike, grow domestic jobs, and not cost taxpayers one more dollar.

      Clean Energy Victory Bonds (CEVBS): U.S. Treasury savings bonds that will encourage grassroots citizen investment in a clean-energy future for all.

      But you can't buy Clean Energy Victory Bonds today. First, Congress must authorize them.

      Clean Energy Victory Bonds would allow millions of Americans to play their part by investing small amounts — $25, $50, $100— in a unified patriotic movement designed to invest in the transition to clean energy — and restore our economy, our environment, and our energy independence all at the same time.

      Join with me and thousands of fellow Green Americans, in a campaign to invest in America's clean energy future.

      Alisa Gravitz

      Executive Director

      Green America <coopaamericanews@...>