Vegetarian Cooking Class: Burgers & Backyard Bites

  • Colleen A. Patrick-Goudreau/Compassionat
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2005
      Sign up for July's Vegetarian Cooking Class: Burgers & Backyard Bites
      Join Compassionate Cooks (www.compassionatecooks.com) in our July class: Summertime Fare - Burgers & Backyard Bites. Join us for what will be a fun class packed with nutritious, delicious food - and lots of sampling. PLUS! Sign up a friend for July's cooking class and be entered in a drawing to win a gift certificate to ANY future class.

      On the Menu for July's Class

      -Mushroom Pecan Burgers
      -Spicy Black Bean Burgers
      -Tantalizing Thai Slaw
      -Perfect Potato Salad
      -Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

      WHEN: Saturday, July 23rd -- 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
      WHERE: First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th St. at Castro. Directions: http://www.uuoakland.org/directions.htm
      COST: $35
      HOW TO SIGN UP: Register online at www.compassionatecooks.com/reg.htm or mail a check to Colleen Patrick-Goudreau P.O. Box 18512 Oakland, CA 94619.
      PLEASE NOTE: You are considered a TENTATIVE sign-up until we receive your payment, at which time we will send you a confirmation via email.
      DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: Thursday July 21st

      WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING

      "Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. I want to bring all my friends and family here next time. Thank you for all your hard work and effort. I can't wait to come back."

      "I think you have a future as TV's first vegan chef! You should get in touch with KQED!"

      "Awesome class! Loved being exposed to recipes which use ingredients outside of my normal repertoire. Thank you for introducing people to veg cooking in such an enthusiastic way."

      "Thank you so much! The food was amazing. I'm looking forward to future classes - it was so much fun!"

      "How delightful! I'm so glad I came. Wonderful wealth of information. Will definitely return for future classes. The food was so tasty, some of the best I've ever had. Thanks so much!"

      "You have such a warm personality and are so knowledgeable. I love your enthusiasm and will be looking for the TV show!"

      "Great class. Great soups. Great teacher! Your sense of humor is infectious. Thanks."

      "Thank you so much! These recipes were absolutely delicious! I can't imagine missing meat or dairy eating like this. These dishes were not just yummy for vegan food -- they're just flat out yummy! I'm so glad I found out about these classes!"

      See you in July!

      Join our mailing list
      Check out our vegetarian cooking DVD
      Register for our vegetarian cooking classes
      Compassionate Cooks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering people to make informed food choices and to debunking myths about vegetarianism through cooking classes, nutrition workshops, supermarket tours, and a cooking DVD.

      Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
      Founder & Director
      Compassionate Cooks
      P.O. Box 18512
      Oakland, CA 94619
      510.531.COOK (2665)
      colleen@...
      http://www.compassionatecooks.com

      Check out our vegetarian cooking DVD http://www.compassionatecooks.com/video.htm
      Register for our vegetarian cooking classes http://www.compassionatecooks.com/reg.htm

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27 9:39 PM
        UPCOMING COOKING CLASS FOR MAY 24th, 2008 - SATURDAY 10-1

        VEGETARIAN COOKING CLASS - BURGERS & BACKYARD BITES
        Join Compassionate Cooks' (www.compassionatecooks.com) founder Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, author of the award-winning cookbook, The Joy of Vegan Baking (www.joyofveganbaking.com), in her monthly fun-filled cooking classes that celebrate healthful and humane eating that features local, seasonal, mostly organic ingredients. On May 24th from 10:00 am-1:00 pm, she will demonstrate five fantastic dishes for al fresco dining, including Potato and Seed Pate, Japanese Soba Noodle Salad, Tempeh Pecan Burgers, Savory Cashew Burgers, Flourless Chocolate Tart.

        Join us in our eighth year teaching classes, as we feature delicious but uncomplicated recipes, debunk myths regarding plant-based eating, and eat yummy food samples. Register in advance online at www.compassionatecooks.com or call 510-531-COOK and join us at the First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th St. at Castro. Wheelchair accessible. $50 (in advance), plus $5 food/materials fee (due on day of class). There are discounts for signing up for three classes at a time. Fees include demonstration, food samples, copies of recipes, coupons for restaurants and local groceries, resources and much more.

        Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
        Founder & Director
        Compassionate Cooks
        P.O. Box 18512
        Oakland, CA 94619
        510.531.COOK (2665)
        colleen@...
        http://www.compassionatecooks.com

        Compassionate Cooks is dedicated to empowering people to make informed food choices and to debunking myths about vegetarianism through cooking classes, lectures & workshops, articles and essays, podcasts, a cookbook and cooking DVD.

        "Be Kind to Animals...Don't Eat Them."