Vote for Free Farm Stand/Free Farm to support local, organic produce for all

  • carmen_cebs
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2011
      Please vote #3 for Free Farm Stand/Free Farm at www.baycitizen.org/citizenoftomorrow/.
      The Free Farm Stand and the Free Farm make locally grown, fresh and nutritious organic produce accessible to all, especially those in need. We grow our own food and gather surplus food from neighborhood gardens, farmer's markets, community gardens, and fruit trees, then distribute it for free every week in the Mission and Western Addition. The Free Farm Stand and Free Farm also act as community garden centers where plant starts and gardening advice are given freely.

      Free Farm Stand founder Tree's message:
      Free Farm Stand and the Free Farm have been nominated for the Citizen of Tomorrow Award and we are one of five groups that are finalists. We have a chance to win $5,000 that would go into getting a large refrigerator or walk in cooler for the Free Farm and the Free Farm Stand and help us purchase seeds and supplies for our farm. The group with the most online votes will win. You can vote as often as once a day; which is pretty crazy! Voting ends May 16th. The thing is, if you go to the website to vote you will see that all the other groups that are applying are great projects to support too, so really I don't know what to say. At least check us all out and get the word out. Here is the link: www.baycitizen.org/citizenoftomorrow/.

      Thanks for your support!
    • carmen_cebs
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2011
        Kind reminder: You can vote as often as once a day through May 16th at 5 pm, PT
        1. Open link to http://www.baycitizen.org/citizenoftomorrow/
        2. Click #3 bubble for Free Farm Stand/Free Farm (includes short video)
        3. Enter your email address
        4. Click SUBMIT.

        Thanks for your support!
        http://freefarmstand.org/