Cesar Chavez Parade

  • Dixie Mahy
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 4:39 AM
      CESAR CHAVEZ PARADE Saturday, April 9, 2011

      We need 3 volunteers to carry SFVS banner in the Cesar Chavez Parade.
      Please contact Dixie Mahy if you are interested.
      You don't need to wear a costume.
      If you have one of our WORLD VEG FESTIVAL T Shirts, that would work,
      especially the black one with YES VE GAN on it.
      I will be walking beside the banner also.

      We will be assembling at 10 a.m. at 19th Street & Dolores at Dolores Park
      Contact <dixiemahy@...> or 415-885-2251 if you can help carry the banner.

      We also need help for tabling at the Street Fair 12 noon to 6 p.m.
      Two shifts: noon to 3 p.m. and 3 to 6 p.m.
      Contact Nancy at <njloewen@...>
      We also need help packing & transporting our boxes back to our garage at 6 p.m.

      Thanks for any help you can give.

      Dixie Mahy

      President

      San Francisco Vegetarian Society

    • sunny_outdoors
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4 11:45 AM
        all Veggie folks are meeting at 3685-19th St/Dolores, we are in front of the Dolores park and next to the church where we used to feed veggie food to the poor. Yes, Dixie and some of us was able to do that with NO Penny Opera until the event was dissolved.

        Anybody want to give out their cell phone as a contact number for the day of the event in case someone is lost or late?

        Anybody want to pickup signs at Duncan street which is l/2 mile away? Those who are carrying them should also return them....

        update: IDA and other organizations will be there. I expect 30 to 40 people present

        Bring your smile, colorful clothing.

        If you are wearing a veggie shirt, make sure the letters are big and not hiding underneath your jacket.

        The first group of people will be Honor students

        The 2nd group of people, which is people like OUR group, the COMMUNITY/Non profits

        then the rest of the groups marching are UNION representatives and the very last are Classic cars,,

        Among them is Sunny Vibrations, an all vegan food truck, that sells at Dolores park. HE repainted his Van that includes friendly cows...etc.

        he will be joining the cars... supporting the vegetarian cause

        if you are coming for sure, pls sign up with meetup

        if want me to sign up for you, I can

        http://www.meetup.com/vegetarians/events/16630818/

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 15 1:40 PM
          SFVS at CESAR CHAVEZ PARADE
          From: Angela

          The Cesar Chavez parade was a huge hit this year. As many of you may know, Cesar Chavez was not only a human rights activist who fought for farm workers' right, but also he was a vegetarian.

          Many SFVSers dressed up as vegetables to celebrate the life of Cesar Chavez and his great impact on our society. Rasa Vitalia started this tradition by dressing up as Miss Broccoli. Greg and Ben soon followed and dressed up as Kale twinsies! And Patly and Angela dressed up as Carrot twinsies!

          Many students SFVSers also joined in on the fun this year by marching and chanting in Spanglish, "Go Veg!"