20 Day Vegan Culinary Arts Program/ SFVeg Discount!

  • Veganchef16
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2005
      20 Day Vegan Culinary Arts Program
      July 5-29, 2005
      Portland, Oregon
      The Institute for Culinary Awakening still has slots open for its 20
      Day Vegan Culinary Arts Program. Learn how to prepare and present
      such healthy, delicious dishes as Pacific Rim Veggie Slaw, Turmeric
      Scented Phyllo with A Roasted Onion, Corn and Shiitake Fumet and
      Chocolate Raspberry Torte to Live For! Have fun in the kitchen while
      learning all about Organic, Plant-based Cuisine. Tuition has been
      reduced and there is an additional 5% discount for SFVeg Members!
      Visit www.chefal.org; e-mail chefal@... or call 541.686.8443.

      TESTIMONIAL FROM A RECENT STUDENT:

      To all the skeptics,
      "I am an island local boy. Born and raised in Kauai, Hawaii.
      I'm a lover of all kinds of good food. Unfortunately, most of the
      dishes I love have meat in them, and that is a problem for my health.

      You see I am one of the unlucky millions who have high cholesterol.
      I have been diagnosed to have risky levels of calcium buildup in my
      heart arteries – mostly in my left artery. I have concerns of
      this because my father who had high blood pressure died of a heart
      attack at age 51 and I am now 50.

      It's been a challenge to change my eating habits. Fifty years of
      eating all these foods and now hearing that all the good tasting
      food that I love is not good for my health is tough. My experience
      of eating vegetarian foods in my younger years made me to believe
      that vegetarian meals had to taste like curry powder, Spike
      seasoning and garlic. I also believed that meats had to be used in
      meals to be healthy. I also loved the flavor and texture of the meat
      and believed it was necessary for good tasting dishes. Boy, was I
      ever wrong! My thoughts of eating vegetarian meals have changed
      drastically ever since taking Chef Al's class.

      I thank you Chef Al and Donna.

      My heart thanks you.

      Hopefully, my son, daughter and four grandchildren will thank you
      one day. My sweetheart, Cynthia, who I truly love, surely thanks
      you, especially since she loves me and I do all the cooking at home
      in Hawaii. She demanded I leave Kauai and come to a vegan cooking
      class. "The cook needs to learn to cook healthy for everyone at
      our home."

      Chef Al – Mahalo for you delicious vegan dishes. Chef Al's
      food is so good I could easily do away with some of my favorite
      meat dishes and replace them with Chef Al's wonderful, flavorful,
      tasty, and healthy gourmet meals.

      Chef Al is an amazing teacher and brother. His culinary and teaching
      skills have made a difference in my thoughts of eating healthy and
      vegetarian. I have also learned the importance of buying organic
      and local."

      Aloha,
      John N.
      Kauai, Hawaii