SPECIAL GATHERING Feb 1st

  • Dixie Mahy
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011
      SPECIAL GATHERING TO WATCH OPRAH WINFREY SHOW
      where Oprah will be challenging her audience to eat No Meat, No MIlk, No Animal Anything for one week!  She and 378 Harpo staffers are going vegan for one week.
      Tuesday, February 1st, 2011 at 3:30 p.m.
      Harvey's, 500 Castro Street, San Francisco
      with special menu featuring fantastic vegan recipes from Colleen Patrick-Goudreau,organizer of this special event and author of five cook books including her upcoming "30-DAY Vegan Challenge."  "When Oprah talks, people listen," says Colleen, "at its core, being vegan is about making an effort to cause as little harm as possible so we can create the compassionate world we all say we want."

      For those unable to make this gathering where many of Bay Area's activists will be present (San Francisco Vegetarian Society, VegNews Magazine, In Defense of Animals, PETA, Cinnaholic, Nature's Express, Chef Jesse Miner, Local Love Catering, and many others), tune into the Oprah Winfrey Show on ABC Channel 7 from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.  For more discussion, check in with Colleen: www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=142582112468346Etindex=1

      Dixie Mahy

      President

      San Francisco Vegetarian Society