World Plagued By Ritualistic Animal Sacrifice - Are You in the Cult?
Turkey Eaters, Before You Gobble, Please Listen to the Latest
GO VEGAN WITH BOB LINDEN
(now archived at www.GoVeganRadio.org / Nov 21 broadcast) -
Your cult of ritualistic animal-sacrifice
body-part swallowers may be surprised that American Indian Squanto, credited with saving the pilgrims, would not have made a murdered bird the centerpiece of the celebration - and probably would have preferred Tofurky, whose creator - the turkey's best friend, SETH TIBBOTT - is interviewed on this program. Hear about the campaign to ask Subway to serve Tofurky at www.WeLoveSubway.com. In addition to the North American bird sacrifice at this time of year, other massive animal killings in the name of thanks, religion, and tradition occur at this time of year in the Middle East, Turkey, and South Africa - and we talk to journalist JOSEPH MAYTON in Cairo, Egypt about these, and the articles he wrote that appeared in "The Guardian" in the UK - "Eating Less Meat Is More Islamic" and "Vegetarianism Is Not Contrary to Arab Culture". What does the Qu'ran say about compassion for animals? What was Muhammad's warning about eating meat? LISTEN! <ALSO> The Verdict Is In - Beverly Hills Traffic Court Judge Rules on Constitution - and BOB LINDEN is guilty - of ?
SCHEDULING ABERRATION - sports programming to preempt
GREEN 960 on-air broadcast of GO VEGAN WITH BOB LINDEN this Sunday
Nov 28 at 3pm, but will stream Nov 21 program (as described above) at www.green960.com ------- No FRIDAY FEATURE on GREEN 960 this week -
See you at FUR FREE FRIDAY this Friday at Union Square in San Francisco, noon - 2
We just agreed with GREEN 960, our San Francisco radio affiliate,
to broadcast weekly on Sundays at 3PM in 2011 - as GO VEGAN WITH BOB LINDEN commemorates its 10th anniversary in January as the first mainstream media vegan animal rights program ever. FREE SPEECH IS EXPENSIVE AND WE PAY FOR AIRTIME. We are now committing to paying many thousands of dollars on behalf of the animals so they can have a voice on real radio in the Bay Area. THE ANIMALS NEED YOUR HELP. Please make a tax-deductible donation right now, online at www.GoVeganRadio.org or make your check payable to
GO VEGAN RADIO
PO Box 475414
San Francisco, CA 94147
Support Animal Liberation Media Infiltration - MAKE SURE THE ANIMALS - AND THOSE WHO REALLY SUPPORT THEM - CONTINUE TO HAVE A RADIO SHOW ON THEIR BEHALF.
FACEBOOK: Bob Linden
Listener Comment Line: 315-VEGAN-20
Advertise your vegan products. Email Bob@... or call 818-623-6477
What a delicious place the Bay Area is - please patronize your local vegan restaurants, including Vegetarian House, 520 East Santa Clara, San Jose / www.VegetarianHouse.us, Loving Hut - Milpitas, Palo Alto, San Jose, San Francisco / www.LovingHut.us, Golden Lotus - 1301 Franklin, Oakland, Nature's Express - 1823 Solano, Berkeley
NOW ARCHIVED / November 7 broadcast
- guest ELIZABETH KUCINICH, director of public and government affairs for the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, discusses campaigns to bring healthy vegan food to school children, and opposition to animal testing in medical and military research, including NASA's plans to nuke primates <AND> Some primates are luckier than others and find refuge at a sanctuary such as Jungle Friends Primate Sanctuary in Gainesville Florida, home to monkeys who were able to escape research, roadside zoos, entertainment, etc. We talk to founder and director KARI BAGNALL <PLUS> What's up with OPRAH finding the deception and murder of fishing to be "recreational"? How historically vegan were American Indians?
NOW ARCHIVED / October 31 broadcast
- guests DENIS HENNELLY and CASEY SUCHAN, film makers of "Bold Native", the documentary-style fictionalized account of direct action taken by the Animal Liberation Front, discuss the San Francisco premiere November 18th at the Red Vic <AND> hip hop icon KEITH TUCKER talks about hip hop going vegan and green, and his new film project documenting his personal transformation and evolution to veganism
NOW ARCHIVED / October 24 broadcast
- guest journalist DAVID KIRBY (author of "Animal Factory: The Looming Threat of Industrial Pig, Dairy, and Poultry Farms to Humans and the Environment") with shocking news about deadly super bugs commonly associated with ham, pork, and bacon, Mad Cow prevention violations, and why you have free speech rights, but can't speak out against animal agriculture
NOW ARCHIVED / October 17 broadcast
- guest RIC O'BARRY of "The Cove" talks about what's happening to dolphins in Japan right now - and what you can do to help stop the massacre <AND> guest LAURA CUNNINGHAM, wildlife biologist, talks about the peril to desert wildlife, including endangered tortoises, represented by large construction projects, including solar. Can solar be done right - for the animals?
NOW ARCHIVED / October 10 broadcast
- guest International Fund for Africa co-founder ANTENEH ROBA, M.D., whom you will meet in Malibu Sunday when he receives the International Vegan Hero Award, talks about the crisis of introducing factory farms and gmo's to Africa <AND> guest JAMIE BURR of Malibu Solar (powering Sunday's event at the Wright Land) discusses the state of solar energy today, and how farmers could actually generate more profits switching from animal agriculture to growing organic fruits and vegetables <PLUS> breast cancer charity scams
NOW ARCHIVED / October 3 broadcast
- guest attorney and author DARA LOVITZ discusses her book "Muzzling A Movement: The Effects of Anti Terrorism Law, Money, and Politics on Animal Activism" <AND> guest JORDAN CADE HALLIDAY, Utah animal rights activist and grand jury resistor, jailed why?
NOW ARCHIVED / September 26 broadcast
-guest DIXIE MAHY, a heroic San Francisco icon who has done as much as anyone on earth for the animals, planet, and human health in her 4 decades of service as the dynamic president of the San Francisco Vegetarian Society which - through unpaid caring volunteers - produces one of the best annual events anywhere - now in its 11th year - WORLD VEG FESTIVAL WEEKEND in Golden Gate Park next Saturday and Sunday Oct 2 & 3, at 9th and Lincoln. She gives us a preview of what's happening - so many doctors in the house talking about health - cooking demonstrations - speakers - and she reminds BOB LINDEN to show up again to emcee - even though he's probably offended half the attendees on his radio show - DIXIE also tells us what's new this year like a vegan cruelty-free fashion show, and - speed dating <ALSO> Event speaker, CARL MYERS, M.D., career oncologist, former VP of Medical Affairs for the Wisconsin Health Organization, tells us why the first thing he did upon retirement was open Nature's Express, a vegan restaurant in Berkeley.
NOW ARCHIVED / September 19 Broadcast -
- guest LISA GRAVES, executive director of the CENTER FOR MEDIA AND DEMOCRACY unspins the BP spin on dispersants, oil evaporation, and corrupt energy-stock owning judges - plus, get this - BP is involved with creating the environmental curriculum for California Schools <PLUS> Monsanto has hired Blackwater to infiltrate animal rights organizations <AND> With LADY GA GA's wearing the oppressed to protest oppression, are butchers the future of the fashion industry? <AND> Our interview continues with VEGANIC farmer RON KHOSLA, who uses no slaughterhouse waste or animal fertilizers - improving upon the standards of USDA Organic
NOW ARCHIVED / September 12 Broadcast -
It takes a lot to outrage the author of "The World Peace Diet", but Dr. WILL TUTTLE is incensed by the inexplicable mean-spirited factually-questionable witch hunt appearing in the current VegNews attacking Supreme Master Ching Hai and her followers, recently recognized in an award for service by the President of the United States, and whose noble work includes disaster relief, starting the world's first chain of vegan restaurants, organizing global climate change conferences, presenting invaluable compassionate and environmental programming on Supreme Master TV, and supporting GO VEGAN WITH BOB LINDEN through restaurant advertising. Dr. TUTTLE is outraged by VegNews' characterization as a "cult". BOB LINDEN is more concerned about a harmful cult of vegan-hating vegan "journalists" turning VegNews into Fox News. To read public response to this unfortunate controversy, go to www.worldpeacediet.org and click "Supreme Mystery". Also, this week, in the aftermath of salmonella and other food safety issues, people yearn for the good old fashioned farm of yesteryear, or maybe this year out in the Swiss countryside for example. Dr. TUTTLE just returned from Switzerland and tells us how "humane" and idyllic those farms actually are - or are not <PLUS> How "humane" is "Humane Choice" - the dog food that benefits the Humane Society of the United States with each bag sold? Would you think an H$U$ sponsored dog food would be vegan or "vegetarian"? Although the label strives to hide it - there are animal ingredients in the H$U$ dog food, proving once again that the Hu-mainly about the money- Society of the United States is the animal exploitation industry itself, and not a credible animal advocacy organization. Wake up, people - H$ - U$ is NOT US (or "WE", if you want to be grammatically correct). <AND> Slaughterhouse waste in your USDA Organic produce? Guest RON KHOSLA who has operated a VEGANIC farm in upstate New York for 12 years talks about truly animal-free agriculture. The farm is now for sale if you want to buy it and you're interested in VEGANIC. GO VEGAN! GO VEGANIC!
NOW ARCHIVED / September 5 broadcast -
Part 1 of the interview with DR WILL TUTTLE examining the disgraceful VegNews attack article on Supreme Master Ching Hai and her followers <PLUS> Guest JASON MILLER (Thomas Paine's Corner and the North American Animal Liberation Press Office) discusses animal activism in the midwest, direct action, vegan anarchy, free speech. <AND> Why your kosher and halal meat and dairy are neither kosher nor halal / The other white meat - a Canadian pig farmer's recipe / Happy Labor Day Weekend - What's the most dangerous job in America?
NOW ARCHIVED /August 29 broadcast -
We continue our interview with DR SHIV CHOPRA, begun August 22, on our unsafe corporate US food supply, poisoned by bovine growth hormone, sex hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, and GMO's. It's enough to get you sick. How sick? DR CHOPRA, formerly on the Canadian equivalent of the FDA and author of "Memoirs of a Health Canada Whistleblower", tells us. He also warns Jews and Muslims that meat and dairy in the US are neither kosher nor halal. <AND> BOB is upset with VegNews, a publication which he has respected and admired over the years, but now reaches a new low in journalism by attacking SUPREME MASTER CHING HAI and her followers with a muckraking, mean-spirited, insensitive, accusatory, innuendo-based witch hunt, disguised as an article, which is totally detrimental to the vegan movement. If VegNews wants practice attack journalism, why not start with targets such as Monsanto, McDonald's, or H$U$? Why would VegNews attack such beautiful people so dedicated to promoting veganism and kindness to animals, improved human health, and environmental sustainability; people who care so much that they are opening vegan restaurants around the world, offering the wonderful free content of Supreme Master Television (www.suprememastertv.com), and are the first on the scene worldwide at natural disasters feeding victims vegan food. Hear BOB's response this week, and DR WILL TUTTLE's response next week. (He's as upset as Bob.) You can read the article "Supreme Mystery" online at www.VegNews.com, after which you may want to contact its publisher JOSEPH CONNELLY to ask that VegNews write a retraction and apology. The VegNews phone number is 415-665-6397, and its address is 3620 Wawona Street, San Francisco, CA 94116.
NOW ARCHIVED / August 22 broadcast -
THE US FOOD SUPPLY IS UNSAFE - and I'm not even talking about almost a billion salmonella eggs and a million pounds of ground up
E Coli cow corpse. Even without these contamination recalls, the food you eat starts off unsafe, and gets worse from there. Prepare to be shocked by guest DR SHIV CHOPRA, author of "Corrupt to the Core - Memoirs of a Health Canada Whistleblower". Health Canada is the equivalent of the US FDA. DR CHOPRA is on this week, and next, examining the massive health consequences of Bovine Growth Hormone, other hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, and GMOs. THIS IS MUST LISTENING FOR ALL PARENTS AND ANYONE WHO EATS (so-called) FOOD. Also this week - from Pakistan, dodging flood waters and US drones, DR WASEEM SHAUKAT, disaster liaison for the World Society for the protection of Animals (WSPA), on the catastrophic flooding and its impact on humans and other animals. Is this disaster the result of climate change / global warming, which is the result of meat and dairy production and consumption? (Remember the Worldwatch Institute study that blames meat and dairy for 51% of all greenhouse gas emissions?)
NOW ARCHIVED / August 15 broadcast:
Guest Haitian vegan musician KING WAWA discusses his efforts to bring dome housing AND VEGANISM to 2 million homeless, hungry Haitians, and the MALIBU BENEFIT BBQ FOR HAITI where he will be performing (his new song "Haiti Will Rise Again") Sunday October 17 at the Wright Land (24680 Piuma). Attendance is limited to 300. Reserve now for $25 at PayPal: MeatFreeAmerica@..., food included - $35 at the door. Thanks FOLLOW YOUR HEART and TOFURKY! <AND> Guest JINGLES, who's been tabling for animal liberation for 20 years on the Venice Beach boardwalk, talks about the panel discussion we attended this past week, "CONSCIENTIOUS CARNIVORES", shamefully presented by the Santa Monica Farmer's Market at the Santa Monica Library, sadly demonstrating the effects of the brainwashing of the public by deceptive "happy meat" and "humane slaughter" campaigns such as those promoted by H$U$. <ALSO> CLIMATE CHANGE, SUNSET SILVERLAKE HOMEOWNERS ASSN POISONING BIRDS, BENICIA LOOKS TO VIVISECTION TO CREATE JOBS
GO VEGAN RADIO is a project of 501c3 International Humanities Center