Forks Over Knives

  • DJ Brook
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 24, 2010
    • Joseph Cadiz
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 18, 2011

        Forks Over Knives. www.ForksOverKnives.com.

        This feature film examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the
        degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present
        menu of animal-based and processed foods.

        Release date: May 6.

      • Dixie Mahy
        Message 3 of 9 , May 2, 2011
          FORKS OVER KNIVES Special  Screenings

          “Forks Over Knives” Bay Area Screening
          Tuesday, May 3, 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. Film followed by Q & A Forum including Dixie Mahy
          SFVS President & Joe Connelly VegNews Editor
          Camera Theater, 1875 S Bascom Avenue, Campbell, $8, 408-559-6900

          “Forks Over Knives” San Francisco Special Screening
          Monday, May 9, 7:00 p.m.
          Landmark Embarcadero Theater, San Francisco (space limited)
          Free tickets available by downloading: Sign In/Sign Up at: www.gofobo.com/rsvp.
          Use the RSVP code: SFVSOVPP or use the direct link:
          Check our website for other dates & listings starting May 13: www.sfvs.org

          “Forks Over Knives” examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods.  The major storyline traces the personal journeys of Dr. T. Colin Campbell, a nutritional biochemist from Cornell University, and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, a former top surgeon at the world renowned Cleveland Clinic.  Inspired by remarkable discoveries in their young careers, these men conducted several groundbreaking studies.  their separate research led them to the same startling conclusion: degenerative diseases like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and even several forms of cancer, could almost always be prevented—and in many cases reversed—by adopting a whole foods, plant-based diet.  Despite the profound implications of their findings, their work has remained relatively unknown to the public.  Bringing these scientific concepts to life, cameras follow “reality patients” who have chronic conditions from heart disease to diabetes, and are taught by their doctors to adopt a whole foods plant-based diet as the primary approach to treat their ailments.  The film features leading experts on health and tackles the issue of diet and disease in a way that will have people talking for years.

          Dixie Mahy

          President

          San Francisco Vegetarian Society

        • Brook
          Message 4 of 9 , May 2, 2012
            Here are just a couple of comments from students of mine after I showed
            Forks Over Knives in one of my classes. While not all students went this
            far, there were no negative comments whatsoever so far. I'll be showing
            it in other classes this week.

            "After watching this movie I plan on changing my diet to a plant based
            food diet"
            --- African American student athlete

            "after watching this documentary I have decided to be come vegan ... My
            way of helping not only myself but also the environment is by becoming
            vegan"
            --- Latina student

            Peace,
            Dan

            Eco-Eating
            www.brook.com/veg

            The Vegetarian Mitzvah
            www.brook.com/jveg
          • Brook
            Message 5 of 9 , May 11, 2012
              "After watching Forks Over Knives, it made me realize how unhealthy I
              was eating my entire life. It motivated me to eat healthier and eat a
              whole foods, plant based diet." --- S. Chen, student
            • Dixie Mahy
              Message 6 of 9 , May 15, 2012
                FORKS OVER KNIVES IMMERSION July 14th -15th, 2012
                Pie Ranch, Pescadero CA

                WEEKEND INTENSIVE:

                Speakers at our 2012 Immersions
                • Dr. Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr. of the Cleveland Clinic, and author of Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease
                • Ann Esselstyn, the world’s most motivating food coach
                • Jane Esselstyn, RN
                • Rip Esselstyn, author of The Engine 2 Diet
                • Jeff Novick, nutritionist-extraordinaire
                • Doug Lisle, Ph.D, gifted psychologist and author of The Pleasure Trap
                • Brendan Brazier, author of Thrive Foods
                • Rich Roll, awarded the title of one of the 25 Fittest Men in the World by Men’s Fitness Magazine

                What is included in an Engine 2 Immersion

                • Two days of intensive Plant-strong education from some of the most experienced physicians, researchers, nutriontists and chefs in the country
                • Six amazing Plant-strong meals, including two dinners served on the farm, in the field, by candlelight.
                • All of the lectures and presentations on a handy flash drive (so you can bring them home and show your friends and family what you learned!)
                • A beautiful bound notebook to take notes in all weekend long
                • A spectacular one-of-a-kind cool & trendy plant-strong collectible t-shirt
                • Unfettered access to our speakers after lectures for one-on-one questions

                *Lodging Not Included

                For more information:

              • Dixie Mahy
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 4, 2013
                  Forks Over Knives Free Screening
                  Saturday, January 5, 2013
                    from Patti Breitman

                  On Saturday, January 5 at 2:00 PM there will be a free screening of the superb documentary film Forks Over Knives in San Francisco at the Ingleside Library (1298 Ocean Ave. at Plymouth). I will be facilitating a Q&A following the movie.  This remarkable movie has changed many lives.Please tell all your friends in San Francisco about this opportunity to see the movie this weekend, or consider a trip to the city yourself if you live outside SF.  Be sure to bring non-vegetarian friends and relatives.

                • Brook
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 25, 2013
                    "After watching the film, I felt compelled to change my diet." - Richard, college student

                    Forks Over Knives is a great organizing tool for classrooms and I show it in every class where it could be applicable. I always get responses like this one and received several this semester. Many others say they will reduce their meat/milk/junk food intake and increase their consumption of fruits and veggies.

                    Every step in a positive direction is a good one!

                    Peace,
                    Dan

                    Eco-Eating: www.brook.com/veg

                    Eco-comiendo: https://sites.google.com/site/ecocomiendo