Peta Campaign: March of Dimes Walk-a-Thon Counter Demonstration-Oakland

  • Paris Harvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2005
      Dear Activist,

      We need you to help us convince the March of Dimes to stop funding cruel, worthless experiments on animals. March of Dimes experimenters have sewn shut the eyes of newborn kittens, then killed them after they had endured a year of blindness; administered alcohol, nicotine, and cocaine to pregnant and newborn animals; and performed other agonizing experiments on primates, ferrets, sheep, and other animals.

      We will be holding a protest at the March of Dimes WalkAmerica fundraising event on

      4/30-9AM to 10 AM-Oakland's Lake Merrit-1520 Lakeside Dr

      Your presence at this event is vital to helping us educate March of Dimes supporters about the charity's choices when it comes to what to fund. It is critical that caring activists encourage WalkAmerica participants to designate that their contributions be used for only the best tests, i.e. for non-animal projects, like a Birth Defects Registry that could save countless babies' lives.

      REAL HEROES SAVE THE LIVES OF BOTH BABIES AND ANIMALS!

      Easter Seals, Birth Defects Research for Children, Child Health Foundation, & the Heimlich Foundation, put all their funds into programs that directly benefit families affected by birth defects and never spend a penny on cruel animal experiments.

      Peta has supplied me with awesome posters and leaflets..some of them are in the shape of large, round "dimes" that are splashed with blood and say "Don't Take another step...".

      This will be a peaceful educational outreach to the well-intended walkers...not a harrassment! We will NOT be walking..(unless you want to continue leafletting along the walk on your own) we will just greet the crowd as they sign in and prepare for their walk...so there will be LOTS OF PEOPLE THERE!!!

      If you have any questions or are interested in attending, please contact Paris Harvey 925 788 8296 bitebackvegan@... It would be helpful to let me know if you will be there so I can make sure I have enough leaflets, posters etc.

      We hope to see you there!

      Ms. Paris Harvey bitebackvegan@yahoogroups.com 925 788 8296 (PST)
      Discarded pigs who died in transit.