Sarah Palin's Alaska on TLC

  • Judith Gottesman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2010
      Just saw the ad for her new show for the 1st time. The ad featured her
      shooting animals and gutting fish. It was quite sick, as expected. Her
      politics aside, which are bad enough, I can't believe TLC is the one
      broadcasting such a show since they also own Animal Planet. But, then,
      again, the same co. created Deadliest Catch, as well. I encourage lots
      of letters be written to the network parent channel, Discovery.

      --
      Judith Gottesman, MSW, Matchmaker
      Soul Mates Unlimited® - Personalized Matchmaking
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2010
        Judith,

        You write:  "I can't believe TLC is the one broadcasting such a show since they also own Animal Planet."

        Is "Animal Planet" itself animal friendly?

        In 2008, Rodger Schlickeisen, president of Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund, said:

        “Senator McCain’s choice for a running mate is beyond belief. By choosing Sarah Palin, McCain has clearly made a decision to continue the Bush legacy of destructive environmental policies.

        “Sarah Palin, whose husband works for BP (formerly British Petroleum), has repeatedly put special interests first when it comes to the environment. In her scant two years as governor, she has lobbied aggressively to open up the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to drilling, pushed for more drilling off of Alaska’s coasts, and put special interests above science. Ms. Palin has made it clear through her actions that she is unwilling to do even as much as the Bush administration to address the impacts of global warming. Her most recent effort has been to sue the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to remove the polar bear from the endangered species list, putting Big Oil before sound science. As unbelievable as this may sound, this actually puts her to the right of the Bush administration.

        “This is Senator McCain’s first significant choice in building his executive team...It has to raise serious doubts in the minds of voters about John McCain’s commitment to conservation, to addressing the impacts of global warming and to ensuring our country ends its dependency on oil.”

        Back in the early '90s, George Bush Sr. referred to environmentalists as "the spotted owl crowd," thus indirectly making it clear that Republicans don't understand environmentalism. "And they call themselves 'pro-life'," mused Fox News' token liberal commentator Alan Colmes a few years ago.

        ---Vasu