"The Rise of the Power Vegans" in Business Week

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2010
      "The Rise of the Power Vegans" is an article that strikes me as the epitome of a trend of publishing stories that have the side effect of bringing veganism to the mainstream, but do so using a snarky, cynical, condescending tone ostensibly against veganism. This article especially toxifies the mental-cognitive sphere. However, it does offer many people reasons to go explore going vegan if they read critically and don't buy the surface-level vitriol.

      I am still sloughing off the residue of the article's noxious tone, so be forewarned.

      Here is the article's URL:

      http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_46/b4203103862097.htm

      I have commented on the story, under the name "TEEMwithLife" at Nov 8, 2010 10:22 AM GMT

      What do you make of it? Does it hit against veganism? Does it get support for veganism in under the radar in a mainstream/lamestream publication? How can we make use of the opportunity to comment?

      Warmly,
      Michael Bedar
      TEEM with Life: Transformational Entertainment, Education, and Eating Manifestations
      www.TEEMwithLife.org
    • Jeff Walsh

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2010

          That's good to know!  We can all embrace more humor.  Thank you.