Nov 13 Potluck & Free Lecture

  • Dixie Mahy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2010

      Potluck & Free Lecture “The Nutrition Prescription” Part II by Dr. Don Forrester (Retired MD from Kaiser, Sacramento)
      Saturday, November 13, Hors d’oeuvres 6:30 p.m.; Dinner 7:00 p.m.  Free Lecture 8:00 p.m.
      IOA, 3600 Geary Boulevard, between Palm & Arguello Avenue, SF
      $1 suggested donation for members & their guests with food; $2 for non-members with food, enough for at least 10.  Ad $8 to each category.  For more information: 415-273-5481.

      Dr. Forrester will be giving Part II of his well-received lecture last March.  He has personal experiences with diet and degenerative diseases having worked as a physician over 30 years at the Sacramento Permanente Medical Group (Kaiser Hospital).

       Dr. Forrester received his BS with High Honors in chemical Engineering, in June 1970 and subsequently worked for National Institutes of Health as a Chemical Engineer where he wrote general computer programs and co-authored three publications.  He graduated from Georgetown University School of Medicine in 1975, was a Family Practice MD Resident at UC Davis for three years and a staff physician for the Sacramento Permanente Medical Group (Kaiser) from 1978 to 2008, four years as Chief of Family Practice managing a 35-physician department, six years as Chief of Patient Education developing patient education material, and four years as Chief of Preventive Medicine with 25 nurse practitioners providing urgent care and over 30,000 physical exams annually.  He retired in November 2008.  We are fortunate to have Dr. Forrester as our guest speaker for our November potluck.

      Dixie Mahy

      President

      San Francisco Vegetarian Society