Re: [SFVS] Using Aspartame for Ant & Cockroach Poison

  • Doug Dyment
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2010
      Scott Munson claimed:
      > Using Aspartame for Ant & Cockroach Poison
      >
      > I TRIED TO GET YOU OFF THE STUFF. NOW READ BELOW AND IF THIS DOESN'T
      > GET YOU OFF THE STUFF, NOTHING WILL.
      > *This is tooo good not to pass along. Remember, sleep well tonight
      > your FDA is protecting you....*

      This is a hoax that has been circulating for almost five years now. It has been debunked on Snopes:

      http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/antpoison.asp

      and elsewhere.

      As we strive to convert others to better eating habits, it is really important to be diligent in getting our facts straight before spreading them. The dissemination of urban legends does not help the cause.

      Oh, and Coca-Cola will not dissolve a tooth (or a nail, or a penny, or a piece of meat) overnight either.

      ... Doug