"May I Be Frank?" Interview & Screenings

  • Rose Aguilar
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2010
      Hi all,

      I recently had Frank Ferrante, subject, and Gregg Marks, co-director
      of "May I Be Frank?" on my radio show and interviewed them on video.
      Have you seen this incredibly powerful film yet? You should! It's
      showing at next week's SF Documentary Film Fest. Here's a link to the
      trailer and screening dates/times: http://www.sfindie.com/movie/?
      fid=48 Frank Ferrante will be at the 10/22 and 10/25 screenings. If
      you know anyone dealing with depression, drug addiction, weight
      issues, etc..., bring them to this film and make sure you go to the
      screening with Frank in attendance.

      If you haven't seen it yet, here's the description: "May I Be Frank
      documents the transformation of Frank Ferrante's life. Frank is 54
      years old, obese, depressed and addicted. He stumbles into a local
      raw, organic and vegan restaurant in San Francisco, Café Gratitude.
      When Ryland, a server at Café Gratitude asks Frank "What is one thing
      you want to do before you die?" Frank replies, "I want to fall in love
      one more time, but no one will love me looking the way I do".

      Ryland, his brother Cary, and Conor, his best friend, are inspired by
      the possibility of helping Frank. For the next 42 days, Frank will eat
      only raw food, practice gratitude, visit local holistic practitioners,
      and get a weekly colonic. Ryland, Conor, and Cary get to support
      Frank's miraculous transformation. Frank gets a new body, a clearer
      mind, and most importantly, a soaring spirit. May I Be Frank documents
      the essence of the human condition and what it truly means to fall in
      love again."

      Here's my video interview:

      Part I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYklamCegoM
      Part II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAU8iJfFjTc
      Part III: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H-tNbrgr84

      Please feel free to share.

      Have a good weekend,
      Rose

      Host, Your Call - Live @ 11am - noon PST
      KALW 91.7 FM in San Francisco -- KUSP 88.9 FM in Santa Cruz

      My Truthout articles: http://is.gd/fOW6f
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/roseaguilar