Urban Permaculture Design Intensive Trainings: Oregon and California

  • Vladislav Davidzon
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2010
      Urban Permaculture Design Intensive - Oregon and California

      "My experience in the course was invaluable. I find myself with a
      new permaculture lens that I can put on at will, and see the world
      around me in a way that I feel leads to making more conscious
      decisions and living better in harmony with the earth."
      - Deborah F., Common Circle Education Permaculture Graduate

      We invite you to take an unforgettable two weeks living in the
      historic Fort Mason near the Golden Gate Bridge or in the awesome
      town of Eugene, Oregon at a model ecological site featuring a
      cob/strawbale classroom, active and passive solar and much more;
      to study with some of the most renowned teachers, getting your
      hands dirty at the urban Hayes Valley Farm and other sites in
      San Francisco and Oregon. Sign up early and save (see website!).

      Course: (Urban) Intensive Permaculture Design Certificate Course

      Dates: October 30 - November 14 [sixteen days] - San Francisco
      April 2 - 17th [sixteen days] - Eugene, Oregon

      ** WORKTRADE SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE - EMAIL US FOR DETAILS!

      You'll learn how to create sustainable, thriving human systems,
      from green houses and organic gardens, to local micro-economies
      and communities, using sustainable design principles that are
      applicable to every human system, from businesses, communities,
      and cities to personal relationships.

      Our courses focus heavily on suburban and urban solutions --
      this is an important distinction from virtually most other
      courses which are largely rural and agricultural-focused.
      With over 50% of the world's population in cities, we must
      meet people where they live with real sustainable solutions.

      Read more information: http://commoncircle.com/permie

      Starting by learning the lessons from nature with some of the
      world's most renowned organic farming experts, we will then look
      at how to apply what we learned from the soil and the water to
      building sustainable, lasting institutions.

      During the workshop, we will talk about:

      * Principles of Permaculture and Sustainable Design
      * Smart Design through Careful Site Analysis
      * Recognizing Patterns of Natural and Human Systems
      * Reading the Land & Understanding Natural Cycles
      * Soil regeneration and Land Restoration
      * Food Forests, Trees & Gardening Design
      * Water Harvesting, Conservation, and Grey Water System Design
      * Renewable Energy and Appropriate Technology
      * Natural Building Design
      * Waste Recycling and Treatment
      * Aquaculture and Animals
      * Agroforestry and Forest Gardening
      * Useful Plants and Planting Strategies
      * Patterns of Settlement
      * Cooperative Economics, Money & Financial Systems
      * Designing Sustainable Cities through Sustainable Economies

      Read more information: http://commoncircle.com/permie

      Upon successful completion of this course and meeting the
      requirements, you'll leave with an internationally recognized
      Permaculture Design Certificate.

      Common Circle Education is the leading ecological design and
      sustainable living school with courses in Oregon, Hawaii and
      California; our instructors are some of the most well-known
      leaders in sustainability, organics and permaculture.

      We hope you will be able to join us for this incredible,
      life-changing experiential course!

      Much gratitude,

      Common Circle Education
      commoncircle.com

      --
      common circle education
      14525 sw millikan way, suite 17760, beaverton, or 97005