Re: lots of veg options in Mission district

  • turtlespace1
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2010
      Winnie, thanks for passing the word along about Wild Pepper.
      My boyfriend and I have been eating here for the past year, and the food is delicious! It's not an all veg restaurant, not by any means, but they have a wide selection of very very tasty vegetarian entrees. They also have a "health foods" section where they make vegetarian entrees without added fat and oil.

      Typically, when we eat out at regular (non-veg) Chinese places, such as Henry's Hunan on Church St., or Alice's on Sanchez St, we are disappointed with the lack of flavor (and lack of imagination) and/or excessive amount of grease on the food. This is just not the case at Wild Pepper.

      Wild Pepper is walking distance from the 24th St BART station, on 26th between Valencia and San Jose Avenue. Highly recommended!

      -Rachel D.
      San Francisco, CA

      --- In SFVeg@yahoogroups.com, "sunny outdoors" <sunny_outdoors@...> wrote:

      > Here's a great restaurant I really like.
      >

      > On 7/2010, former Big Lantern workers own this place
      >

      > This is an almost perfect place
      >

      > No msg
      >
      > No gmo
      >
      > Vegan meatless chicken
      >
      > Large portion
      >
      > Affordable prices, especially during lunch
      >
      > Veg dim sum with no msg
      >
      > Their staff knows how to cater to vegans
      >
      > If requested they can make your soup vegan (most cases)
      >
      > 160 items on the menu and l/2 are veg
      >
      > And oh yea, did I say they serve brown rice?
      >
      > Free delivery, free chowmein with 2 entrees or more
      >

      > It's WAY better than Big Lantern which has MSG
      >

      > http://www.yelp.com/biz/wild-pepper-san-francisco#query:chinese%20food
      >

      > tell Ming, the waitstaff that a veg friend recommended you this restaurant
      >

      > lunch specials $5.50 to $6.50 includes soup and rice
      >

      > I asked for brown rice , I received large portions
      >
      > I don't think they charged me extra, but even if they did it was really
      > worth it.
      >

      > I recommend, to Bring your own containers for leftovers!

      > Signature: IMPORTANT
      >

      > DO NOT LOG into DAILYFLOG, it will steal your email address!
      >

      > Sorry, It stole all my email addresses and it might keep sending you emails
      > to open DAILYFLOG. Sorry

    • turtlespace1
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 2010
        By the way ... here is my yelp review of Wild Pepper, from 7/24/2009:

        "My boyfriend and I love this place. Their menu has a big section for Vegetables, another big section for "Meatless Chicken" dishes, and another smaller section for their Healthy Dishes, which are basically steamed vegetables with the sauce served on the side. The first time we went, we got the wontons as an appetizer (not bad), one of the "healthy" vegetable dishes (not bad either), and one of the meatless chicken dishes, which was excellent. Next time we ordered the tofu spinach mushroom soup (EXCELLENT), the garlic meatless chicken (came with veggies) (EXCELLENT), and the eggplant (also EXCELLENT). Both times, the bill totaled exactly $30 including tax and tip. And both times we were STUFFED beyond belief. Now that we know what to order, this place is tasty and an awesome deal! Can't wait to go back. "

        Take care,