Foie Gras: Sonoma Saveur Restaurant CLOSING Celebration-

  • Paris Harvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2005
      Dear Animal Friend,

      We are pleased to report that Sonoma Saveurs, the Sonoma restaurant co-owned and operated by Guillermo and Junny Gonzalez, owners of Sonoma Foie Gras, has closed. The closure of the restaurant will spare the lives of thousands of ducks each year. Please click here to read the article that appeared in the San Francisco Chronicle on the closure:

      http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/02/09/FDGDJB6VUT1.DTL. We will be holding a �celebration� outside of the former location of Sonoma Saveurs this Saturday replete with non-alcoholic champagne, faux gras, and a celebratory spirit. Who gets to wear the duck costume?

      Please join us to show Sonoma that people are disgusted by the torture that ducks force-fed for foie gras endure and are glad to see this restaurant closed.

      Where: Outside of the former location of Sonoma Saveurs, 487 W. First St. in Sonoma

      When: Saturday, February 19 at 12 noon.

      We will be driving up from the San Francisco area Saturday morning and need volunteers to accompany us to celebrate this joyous occasion. If you would like to carpool, please contact Paris Harvey at (925) 788-8296 or email bitebackvegan@... to RSVP

      Paris Harvey bitebackvegan@yahoogroups.com 925 788 8296 (PST)
      A cow being bled to death...still concious