vegan macro JApanease organic dinner $15 monday night 8/9

  • sunny outdoors
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2010

      Come join me, Aug 9, 6:30pm  , main entrée starts at 7pm

      http://peninsulamacro.org/

      you can sign up in a few days:

      if you want to, we can sit together as a group and I can introduce you to the Chef and the other diners.(email me if you want to sit together)

      http://www.meetup.com/Peninsula-Macrobiotic-Community-Vegetarian/

      this is a true Japanese Macro Dinner

      Just think of this as a vegan, organic, Japanese “Cha Ya” Dinner for only $15

      August 9

      Light Summer Miso Soup with Wakame

      Nori Roll-ups with Braised Tempeh, Sushi Rice,

      Napa Cabbage, Cashew Cream, Pickled Ginger

      Soba Noodle Salad with Edamame, Corn and Arame

      Mixed Greens with Gingery Dressing

      Brown Rice Crunch Bars

      Gen Mai Cha-

      After dinner talk starts at 8pm

      Al Lampell speaks on

      Who Do You Think Knows What is Best for You?

      Hint, It's not You!

      Details of his talk

      On August 9, Al Lampell will speak on Who Do You Think Knows What is Best for You? Hint, It's not You! Each person is comprised of spirit, mind, and body. The spirit is perfect because it is made in God's image. The body's purpose is to communicate with others. The mind, the center of our creation, can be directed by fear or by love. In our pursuit of health, we can spend lots of time and energy on the feeding and caring of the body. This is well and good but the key to health and healing is really in the mind, because the body reflects the state of the mind. Healing is moving our mind from a state of fear to a state of unconditional love.

      Al is a teacher of unconditional love and is therefore a teacher of healing the mind, which opens the door to seeing things differently and thus discovering how to bring bliss, peace, and love into our lives. Al is a student/teacher/counselor of A Course in Miracles®, and a facilitator/mediator with over 15 years of experience. He teaches his annual
      Relationship Seminar September 10-12 at the Presentation Center in Los Gatos; $650/couple or $400/individual, includes lodging, all meals, seminar, and materials. For information, call Al at 408 296-0567 or visit http://conscious-communications.com.

      here’s a raw Kale salad recipe

      Fresh Kale Salad with Oranges & Hazelnuts

      Makes 3 to 4 servings or 4 to 6 cups

      You can enjoy hardy greens raw, so that the precious living enzymes remain intact. By removing the midribs and finely slicing the greens, and then marinating them for at least an hour, they are rendered tender enough to enjoy while maintaining their bright color. A mixture of regular oranges and red blood oranges are especially beautiful in this salad.

      After enjoying a raw kale salad at our local raw restaurant, Café Gratitude, I was thrilled to see a recipe like this one in Martha Stewart Living. I've changed the recipe somewhat and lowered the volume of nuts and oil to get fat calories in the healthy range.

      Ingredients:

      • ½ pound Tuscan/black/lacinato/dinosaur kale, halved lengthwise and stems and midribs removed, leaves very thinly sliced, 4 to 7 cups
      • 3 large oranges, peels cut off and discarded, segments cut in half on the diagonal
      • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar diluted with 1 tablespoon water
      • 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
      • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
      • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
      • 1 tablespoon lightly toasted hazelnuts, chopped

      1. In a large bowl, mix kale with orange juice that comes from cutting out segments, and squeezing orange pulp over the greens to extract the juice.

      2.
       In a small bowl, mix vinegar, water, oil, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over kale, toss well, and marinate for at least an hour or two, tossing occasionally. To preserve color, toss in orange segments just before serving. (You can make this dish a day ahead and marinate it in the refrigerator.)

      3.
       Serve garnished with nuts.

      For 4 servings, per serving:
      Calories: 94, Protein: 3gm, Fat: 2gm, Saturated Fat: 0.3gm, Carbohydrates: 16gm, Fiber: 3gm, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 123mg
      Calories from Protein: 13%
      Calories from Fats: 20%
      Calories from Carbohydrates: 67%

      Posted by winnie

      Signature:  IMPORTANT

      DO NOT LOG into DAILYFLOG, it will steal your email address!

      Sorry, It stole all my email addresses and it might keep sending you emails to open DAILYFLOG. Sorry