Silent Auction Donations Anyone?

  • Nancy Loewen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2010
      Dear Friends,

      The San Francisco Vegetarian Society is seeking donations for the Silent Auction which will be part of the San Anselmo Pool Side Party on August 21st, described just below.  If you have an item that would be nice to sell at our auction, and would like to donate it for this great cause, that would be oh so lovely!  Please contact Nancy Loewen at 415-750-0614 or at njloewen@....  THANK YOU!

      FUN FUNDRAISING Pool Side Party in San Anselmo

      To benefit WORLD VEG FESTIVAL & VIDEOS

      Saturday, August 21, 3 to 6 p.m.

      $50 per person in advance, tax deductible. Space is limited. Send check made out to SFVS to: Joseph Cadiz, 73 Rondel Place, San Francisco CA 94103. Address & directions will be sent with reservation confirmation.

      Organic Wine Tasting, Silent Auction, and special Guest of Honor, Dr John McDougall

      Live Music – Cool Jazz by Turning Point with Rob Schaaf on Sax (featured at WVF every year)

      Superb Vegan Cuisine by Miyoko Schinner, hostess and author Now & Zen Epicure, founder of Now & Zen Restaurant & Wholesale, inventor of the UnTurkey & Hip Whip.

      Organic, vegan menu featuring produce from Miyoko's garden. Menu subject to change according to availability in the garden: Spring Roll of Mango, Daikon, Avocado and Shiso with Citrus Ume Dipping Sauce; Wild Mushroom Duxelles and "Chevre" Filo Baskets; Homegrown Heirloom Roasted Tomato and Basil Arancini with Red Bell Pepper Coulis; Grilled Japanese Eggplant Roulade with Homegrown Sweet Corn, "Queso Blanco" and Mole Sauce; Skewers of Truffled Seitan Fillet.

      Dessert Bar: San Francisco Fog Cake (Chocolate Mousse Cake with Mounds of Whipped crème); Mini-eclairs; Charlotte of Seasonal Berries Macerated in Sherry (or Gateau de Crepes with Seasonal Berries and Peaches)

    • shanta@otheravenues.coop
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2010
        Hi Nancy:
        Where do the funds from Silent Auction go? What is the "great cause"?
        Pl. reply.
        Shanta

        > Dear Friends,
        >
        > The San Francisco Vegetarian Society is seeking donations for the Silent
        > Auction which will be part of the San Anselmo Pool Side Party on August
        > 21st, described just below. If you have an item that would be nice to
        > sell
        > at our auction, and would like to donate it for this great cause, that
        > would
        > be oh so lovely! Please contact Nancy Loewen at 415-750-0614 or at
        > njloewen@.... THANK YOU!
        >

        >> FUN FUNDRAISING Pool Side Party in San Anselmo
        >>
        >> To benefit WORLD VEG FESTIVAL & VIDEOS
        >>
        >> Saturday, August 21, 3 to 6 p.m.
        >>
        >> $50 per person in advance, tax deductible. Space is limited. Send check
        >> made out to SFVS to: Joseph Cadiz, 73 Rondel Place, San Francisco CA
        >> 94103.
        >> Address & directions will be sent with reservation confirmation.
        >>
        >> Organic Wine Tasting, Silent Auction, and special Guest of Honor, Dr
        >> John
        >> McDougall
        >>
        >> Live Music – Cool Jazz by Turning Point with Rob Schaaf on Sax (featured
        >> at
        >> WVF every year)
        >>
        >> Superb Vegan Cuisine by Miyoko Schinner, hostess and author Now & Zen
        >> Epicure, founder of Now & Zen Restaurant & Wholesale, inventor of the
        >> UnTurkey & Hip Whip.
        >>
        >> Organic, vegan menu featuring produce from Miyoko's garden. Menu subject
        >> change according to availability in the garden: Spring Roll of Mango,
        >> Daikon, Avocado and Shiso with Citrus Ume Dipping Sauce; Wild Mushroom
        >> Duxelles and "Chevre" Filo Baskets; Homegrown Heirloom Roasted Tomato
        >> and
        >> Basil Arancini with Red Bell Pepper Coulis; Grilled Japanese Eggplant
        >> Roulade with Homegrown Sweet Corn, "Queso Blanco" and Mole Sauce;
        >> Skewers of
        >> Truffled Seitan Fillet.
        >>
        >> Dessert Bar: San Francisco Fog Cake (Chocolate Mousse Cake with Mounds
        >> of
        >> Whipped crème); Mini-eclairs; Charlotte of Seasonal Berries Macerated in
        >> Sherry (or Gateau de Crepes with Seasonal Berries and Peaches)

      • Joseph Connelly
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 21, 2010
          VegNews Magazine (the nation's premiere vegan magazine!) will donate a subscription gift pack plus a copy of The China Study. You can combine them or make it two prizes.

          xox,
          ~ Joe

          On Jul 20, 2010, at 8:31 PM, Nancy Loewen wrote:

          Dear Friends,

          The San Francisco Vegetarian Society is seeking donations for the Silent Auction which will be part of the San Anselmo Pool Side Party on August 21st, described just below.  If you have an item that would be nice to sell at our auction, and would like to donate it for this great cause, that would be oh so lovely!  Please contact Nancy Loewen at 415-750-0614 or at njloewen@gmail. com.  THANK YOU!