Urban Permaculture Design Intensive - San Francisco w/ Joanna Macy and others!

  • Vladislav Davidzon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5 8:34 PM
      Hello friends,

      I am thrilled today to announce our new San Francisco intensive
      *urban/suburban*-focused permaculture design program at Fort Mason,
      October 30 - November 14th. With our Oregon programs entirely sold
      out and about to launch, we're shifting our focus to our California
      fall offerings.

      We invite you to spend an unforgettable two weeks living in the
      historic Fort Mason, right near the Golden Gate Bridge and to
      study with some of the most renowned teachers, getting your
      hands dirty at the urban Hayes Valley Farm and other sites in
      San Francisco. Sign up before August 1st and pay just $1400
      when you join with a friend, or $1500 by yourself (regular
      rate for this course is $2000 and includes organic, vegan
      meals and hostel lodging accommodations).

      With a keynote day-long workshop with buddhist eco-philosopher
      Dr. Joanna Macy, PhD and other truly amazing instructors, this
      course will be taking place within a national park in San
      Francisco, using the city as our classroom! This course will
      combine critical permaculture skills with leadership, nature
      connection, and most importantly an urban focus. This course
      builds upon the internationally-recognized Permaculture Design
      Certification curriculum.

      You'll learn how to create sustainable, thriving human systems,
      from green houses and organic gardens, to local micro-economies
      and communities, using sustainable design principles that are
      applicable to every human system, from businesses, communities,
      and cities to personal relationships.

      Our courses focus heavily on suburban and urban solutions --
      this is an important distinction from virtually most other
      courses which are largely rural and agricultural-focused.
      With over 50% of the world's population in cities, we must
      meet people where they live with real sustainable solutions.

      Read more information: http://commoncircle.com/permie

      Starting by learning the lessons from nature with some of the
      world's most renowned organic farming experts, we will then look
      at how to apply what we learned from the soil and the water to
      building sustainable, lasting institutions.

      During the workshop, we will talk about:

      * Principles of Permaculture and Sustainable Design
      * Smart Design through Careful Site Analysis
      * Recognizing Patterns of Natural and Human Systems
      * Reading the Land & Understanding Natural Cycles
      * Soil regeneration and Land Restoration
      * Food Forests, Trees & Gardening Design
      * Water Harvesting, Conservation, and Grey Water System Design
      * Renewable Energy and Appropriate Technology
      * Natural Building Design
      * Waste Recycling and Treatment
      * Aquaculture and Animals
      * Agroforestry and Forest Gardening
      * Useful Plants and Planting Strategies
      * Patterns of Settlement
      * Cooperative Economics, Money & Financial Systems
      * Designing Sustainable Cities through Sustainable Economies

      "My experience in the course was invaluable.  I find myself with a
      new permaculture lens that I can put on at will, and see the world
      around me in a way that I feel leads to making more conscious
      decisions and living better in harmony with the earth."
      - Deborah F., Permaculture Graduate

      Read more information: http://commoncircle.com/permie

      This workshop is an incredible opportunity to have fun and learn
      practical skills you can apply in the real world in your own home
      and backyard, or in your wider community.

      Upon successful completion of this course and meeting the
      requirements, you'll leave with an internationally recognized
      Permaculture Design Certificate as the course will build upon
      the standard 72-hour permaculture curriculum.

      Common Circle Education is the nation's ecological design and
      sustainable living school with courses in Oregon, Hawaii and
      California; our instructors are some of the most well-known
      leaders of the sustainability, organic food and permaculture
      movements.

      We hope you will be able to join us for this incredible,
      life-changing experiential course!

      Much gratitude,

      Common Circle Education Team
      commoncircle.com

      --
      common circle education, 2130 center, berkeley, ca 94704
      to be removed from our list: http://commoncircle.com/pref