San Francisco Gay Pride - Veg update

  • AndrewR
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2010
      Hey Everyone, Here are a few updates for you all.

      1. If you live in the south bay, please join us for a meet-and-greet in San Jose on Friday June 4 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at 1201 Parkmoor Ave in the Community Lounge. Please note: When you arrive, call Alex at (650) 452-8712 or Drew at (650) 906-7736 to let you into the building complex. We invite everyone to bring their dinner and we will supply drinks and snacks. Let us know if you have any questions and bring a friend or two!

      2. June 20th, Please join us at the PETA office in Oakland for second meet-and-greet and working meeting. We will be painting signs, stuffing Vegetarian Starter Kits, separating stickers, and whatever else needs to be done in preparation for the parade and festival booth. Start time will be at 2:00 PM. We know it's Fathers Day, but please try to make it if you can.

      3 Recommended costumes for the parade include the following: Plain white t-shirt, favorite animal rights t-shirt, sexy lettuce costume, animal costume, vegetable costume. PETA has donated the following costumes for us to use: Celery; Chicken; Cow; Carrot; Pig ; and Nugget. We will have lettuce bikinis available as well, stay tuned for quantity and sizes. You can sign up now for one of these costumes

      4 Our parade contingency requires approximately one parade monitor per 8 participants. To be a monitor, a person needs to attend a one hour presentation put on by the Pride Safety Committee. Please consider taking a class, it's easy and fast. We don't want to have to turn people away if we do not have enough parade monitors.

      5. Just 24 days until PRIDE!!!

      Best regards
      Planning Committee