How the RDN Movement is Coming Together

  • Michael Bedar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2010

      Newsletter June 2, 2010 For:

      The Bay Area Movement to Naturally Reverse Type 2 Diabetes and other Preventable dis-eases (RDN Movement)

      1) Michael and the Bay RDN Movement Join Forces with the Center for Transformative Change...Go
      2) UCSF Integrated Medicine Forum images...Go
      3) How to Thrive on a Plant-Sourced Diet - Study in the VHI Today...Go
      4) Simply Raw showing to the ADA and Network for a Healthy California in Oakland, CA this Friday 6/4!...Go
      5) The SF Vegetarian Society screens Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days - with Potluck 6/12!...Go
      6) A TASTE of Empowering YOUR Healthy Family - July 1! ...Go
      7) "Beyond Carb Cravings in the Live-Food Lifestyle" class w/Michael 6/15 at Sunrise Center - details forthcoming

      RDN Movement Bay Area Joins Forces With
      The Center for Transformative Change

      What would you call me and the Bay Area Movement to Reverse Type 2 Diabetes (and other Preventable diseases) Naturally?  Perhaps "Part teaching well-being and the live-food lifestyle, part organizing community and events to make improvements for health and ecology, and 100% transformational agent on the personal and collective levels.

      Pretty good description, I'd say.

      That's why I am utterly enthused to join forces with the Center for Transformative Change!  As you read its website, imagine what a powerful partnership we are making. If you have enjoyed the news and events of the Bay Area RDN Movement, then get ready to kick it up a notch further.

      A little review:

      My teacher, whom many of you know, Sir Gabriel Cousens, M.D., M.D.(H), teaches [putting it in my own words] that chronic disease and death in the individual, in humanity, and in the living planet must be transformed on all levels.  There is a culture of death and imprisonment, and there is a Culture of Life and Liberation.  The former a lifestyle of separation, exploitation, and consumption as though we were unaware of our own and others' radiant soul light.  The latter is a lifestyle of knowing our oneness, feeling that life energy of all DNA running through our core, and eating and living in a way that accords, aligns, and honors the light within all.

      In whatever way the door has opened for you to walk out of the shadow of the culture of death, and  transition into the Culture of Life and Liberation, then that is an opportunity and blessing for you.  Walking, dancing, being the Culture of Life enables personal healing for you, and empowers you to be awakened to your purpose as an agent of spiritual service and healing for people, sentient beings, and the planet.

      Back in the winter, I taught a workshop "Why Do We Bother Healing Anyway?"  The transformational purpose of live-food nutrition and organic farming choices will sound familiar to you as an undercurrent driving the life and community-changing events we have accomplished together in the past year.

      Point being, it is a special unfolding to join forces with the Center for TransformativeChange.  On its website, we learn among many other things that the Center is "the first national center entirely dedicated to bridging the inner and outer lives of social change agents, activists and allies to support a more effective, more sustainable social justice movement."  It teaches "the Only Meditation, Yoga, and Care for the Body Designed for Activists, Allies & Agents of Social Change."

      When I say joining forces, what does it mean?  How exactly will I put myself into the Center?

      For example, I will be in the core invovled with the INNER JUSTICE INTENSIVE.  The Inner Justice intensive is based on the idea:

      REAL change & justice begins with YOU
      With the awareness that comes from being in relationship to
      one's inner life, we can sow the field in which our motivations
      grow, so that our good intentions for true justice will seed
      more solutions, rather than aggression; deeper connection,
      rather than separation; sustainability, rather than burnout.

      --
      angel Kyodo williams, Founder, Center for Transformative Change
      You will just know if you are supposed to be in the Inner Justice Intensive.

      I will also be stewarding Sit for Change: Change the World Outside by Changing the World Inside.  You will definitely hear more about this from me.  Because it deepens the bridge of our inner and outer life, it will always be relevant to the larger picture of the Movement to Reverse Diabetes Naturally.  I am going to use those skills that stewarded A Taste of Simply Raw as a successful and festive transformative event, and charge it up even better in coordination with the Center.

      In fact, what I love is that all the programs of the Center promote life ways that the Culture of Life and Liberation Lifestyle supports! I do invite you to see what the Center offers as an enrichment of the inner-outer bridge that the RDN Movement and Culture of Life Lifestyle teaching I've been passionate about bringing you.

      The Center for Transformative Change

      Photos from the Integrated Medicine Forum at UCSF

      Michael Bedar speaks on the Cutlure of Life Lifestyle May 22 at the 2010 Integrated Medicine Forum as Wolf Mehling, MD, the other panelists, and an audience of medical students and others listen.  The openness to live food nutrition and the Bay Area Movement to Naturally Reverse Type 2 Diabetes is a sign of the value of your and my work together.

      The whole film Simply Raw was shown in a breakout session to a very appreciative and overflowing audience.

      Photos courtesy Deborah and Rich Richman

      How to thrive a plant-source diet
      And get a free Holiday Recipe Collection!

      I've arranged with my friend Trevor, the dedicated founder of the Vegetarian Health Institute, to provide you the best online course I know.  We have even set up a forum I moderate specializing in plant-based live food inside the Institute!

      If you'd like to thrive on a vegan diet, whip up delicious meals in 10-30 minutes, and stop being vulnerable to vitamin and mineral deficiencies, here's great news...

      Until June 11 you'll be able to sign up for The Vegan Mastery Program.  Created by The
      Vegetarian Health Institute, it’s a series of 50 lessons that’ll show you how to thrive on a plant-sourced only diet - for all the reasons you choose this - health, spirituality, compassion, ecology, ethics, and a very real source of peace on the planet.

      The best part is, you can preview the information right now. Just subscribe to the
      Institute's weekly health secrets. Then you'll get brief excerpts of the lessons each week, with no cost or obligation.

      You’ll also get first dibs on the early bird bonus package -- when enrollment reopens in late May.

      But space is limited. So if you're interested and want to be invited before the general public, click here now:

      P.S. I've specially arranged for you to get a "Vegan Holiday Recipe Collection" when you subscribe. Just be sure to type in the word "" when you're prompted for a Promo Code.

      The ADA Together With Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days

      A chance for the ADA, the Network for a Health California, and YOU to get exposed to Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days, and the Bay Area Movement to Reverse Diabetes naturally!

      5th Annual Physical Activity & Nutrition Forum
      Friday, June 4, 2010, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
      Laney College • 900 Fallon Street • Oakland, California

      Learn More and Preregister Here Please:

       Potluck & Film - “Simply Raw, Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days”
      With the SF Vegetarian Society and Michael A. Bedar

      When: Sat, June 12
      Appetizers 6:30 p.m.;
      Dinner 7:00 p.m.;
      Film 8:00,
      Q&A 9:30

      Location: IOA, 3600 Geary Boulevard, between Palm & Arguello, San Francisco

      The potluck is $3 if you bring potluck with food (vegan preferred, raw welcome), and $12 without bringing food.
      $7 to see film only (8:00 pm)

      After dinner, Michael Bedar, Filmmaker, will discuss and present the documentary that follows six people who have diabetes through a month of eating a live-food diet and their success story despite their misgivings.

      [If you do not see the information about A TASTE of Empowering YOUR Healthy Family, please click "Enable Images" for this email.]

      Return to Contents

      Final Note: Sincere apologies for any inconvenience with the change of date of Michael's class "Beyond Carb Cravings" at the Sunrise Center.  For all Sunrise Center events, preregistration must be done through 415-924-7824, and the Sunrise Center will inform preregistrants of any changes.

      Grateful for the walking together wholly,

      Michael A. Bedar
      Associate Producer, Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days
      Coordinator, the Bay Area Movement to Naturally Reverse Type 2 Diabetes and Other Preventable Diseases
      Live Food Lifestyle Teacher, Community Wellness Documentarian-Organizer
      2584 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
      Berkeley, CA  94703
      www.eat-reel.org